Since I am decorating for Christmas this week I want to share with you my 10 Favorite Christmas Decorations.
1. Of course, first and foremost is the Nativity Scene. I bought this little nativity scene many years ago at one of those 'home' parties that people have. And I have loved it since. I have a little packet of hay that I lay across the stable floor. And up inside the peak of the roof is a small yellow light that we call 'the star'. Decorating, at my house, is not complete until the little stable is put out.
2.Next, I always like to set the table with my Christmas Dishes. I have two sets of dishes and we will use them everyday during the Christmas season. This table used to be in the breakfast room. We have converted this room into a reading room (and the tree is here) so I will set the dining table for Christmas and use it for all of our meals. It is just more festive if you use your dishes for every meal.
4. This little ornament belongs to my husband Richard. It is a tiny glass Santa. His paint is starting to peel but he is very special to us. Richard has had since 1938 when he was around 5 years old. We take very special care of this tiny man.
5. This little snowman candle is special to me as it was made by a special little kindergarten girl who is now 13. Mr. Snowman always sits on the dining table along with the Christmas dishes.
6. Many years ago, Richard found these cling-type snowflakes for the bay window. They look especially nice when there is snow outside. I am just as happy to use them when there is NO snow. They are supposed to glow in the dark but it just doesn't get dark enough in our neighborhood to see them glow.
7. Of course there are the multicolored lights that adorn the roof line of our house.
8. This little bird has been clipped on every single Christmas tree I have had in my adult houses. She is a pretty, sparkly white bird.
10. And last, but not least, is one of my favorite decorations of all times. I bought this old window screen from a craft show many years ago and every winter it adorns my mantle. I leave it there all through the winter. Those big stuffed bears Richard brought home for me from a trip he took a number of years ago.......
There you have it! My 10 favorite Christmas Decorations. I hope to see some of yours. And head over to Many Little Blessings to link up your list.