Monday, December 9, 2013

Menu Plan Monday and How Last Weeks Plan Worked

Last week didn't quite go as planned but we tried. Richard is still sick and coughing and not wanting what is on the menu so we improvised some. And ate take-out once, cause I was just too tired to cook. I developed a head cold and that can take it out of you, but I am now feeling better.

 On Monday we did have tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches and I got to use up all the left-over sour dough bread from Thanksgiving, so that was a hit.

 On Tuesday I did not get the Turkey Pot Pie made so it will be on this weeks menu. I now have all the ingredients. Instead we ate Subway sandwiches. Not healthy or cheap, but tasty. 

 On Wednesday, it was so cold out, that I chose to make the White Chicken chili and since everyone was hacking their heads off we skipped church and stayed home where it was warm. And the chili was wonderful!!

 Thursday Darian was at an away wrestling match so we ate leftovers. They were as good as the first day. Maybe better.

 Friday night I made the Broccoli,Rice,Chicken Casserole only I substituted leftover turkey. And if you haven't tried that recipe then click on the link and make it. It was super yummy! 

  Saturday and Sunday we followed the plan.
Now on to this weeks plan:




Tuesday: Spaghetti and meat sauce




Saturday: Shepherd's Pie

Sunday: Beef Stroganoff

I am linking up with I'm An Organizing Junkie. If you want to see my recipes click on the title and it will take you to the link. That is unless I don't follow a recipe. :)

3 comments:

  1. That's the way it is supposed to be. Menus should be a guideline because, as we all know, life often gets in the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right Wendy. I am already revising tonight's menu in favor of cleaning up the weekend left-overs. Moving Turkey Pie to tomorrow night.

      Delete
  2. We had spaghetti tonight! I am a horrible meal planner! I try, but only sometimes!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!