Monday, December 16, 2013

Menu Plan Monday and Last Week's Real Life Plan


My menu plan is just a guide and sometimes things just don't go as planned. We will go over how things worked out for us this past week and how I changed things up.

Monday..we had so many left overs from the weekend that we had those instead of what was on the plan.

Tuesday..I made the Turkey Pot Pie that I had planned for Monday. I got the recipe from my friend Wendy and it was yummy. I have this in my recipe file now. So I will make it again. And it was easy. And now all the thanksgiving turkey is gone.

Wednesday..Richard wanted egg salad as he just wasn't feeling good and didn't want a big meal. So egg salad for all but Harley and she had a roast beef sandwich!

Thursday..I wanted to try a recipe that I found so that I could use up the remainder of Thanksgiving ham before it was no longer good. We we had Scalloped potatoes, ham and corn casserole. It was so good and cheesy. Definitely a comfort food. Richard really liked it.

Friday night I wasn't up to cooking so we had McDonald's. Yuck but easy!

Saturday we stuck to the menu with Shepard's Pie. One of Justin and Darian's favorite meals.

Sunday we check the beef stroganoff for spaghetti. Justin didn't want the heaviness of pasta so we made spaghetti sauce with spaghetti squash. If you have never eaten spaghetti squash you have to try it. Fabulous.

Now on to this coming week:



Monday: John Wayne Casserole (one way or another we will get this recipe tried out).


Wednesday: Biscuits and Gravy!

Thursday: Take out Thursday Both the kids have sporting events tonight.

Friday:Pizza

Saturday:Kids have a progressive dinner for their church group...we will figure this out! 

Sunday: Chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn

This is going to be a busy week for the kids. Finals! Church and last minute shopping! So we are keeping the menu simple and quick.

I am linking up with I'm an Organizing Junkie. A great place to find meal plans and menus.



6 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the Turkey Pot Pie, did you omit the thyme this time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No that was the first time (thyme) that I had made it.....I won't leave it out. I liked it! She'll just have to find something else to eat

      Delete
  2. I'd love to see your recipe for baked potato soup. It seems like we're trying more new soups this season so it's been fun gathering new recipes for comfort foods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Julia. ... thanks for visiting. I have updated this post to show the link for Bake Potato soup recipe that I use. It is yummy

      Delete
  3. I love spaghetti squash. It is my favorite type of squash, Your menu sounds yummy. I may make baked potato soup this week. I'm glad Richard like the ham casserole thing. I love it when everyone loves new recipes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spaghetti squash is good with lots of butter...

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!