Monday, December 2, 2013

I Love A Silent Night...Don't You



I am linking up through December with Holidailies. I can't help myself. I love monthly blog challenges and I love the prompts. So head on over and join up. It is not too late to catch up. What is your favorite holiday song? And Why? My favorite Christmas song is Silent Night. And I love it sang by one of my all time favorite artists, Elvis Presley. When my grandson was very small, somewhere around the age of 4,this was the song he always asked me to sing to him at bedtime. It didn't matter if it wasn't Christmas. It was the song that he found to soothe him. To this day, and he is almost 16, when we hear Silent Night, there is a special look that passes between us.

12 comments:

  1. That little snippet brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite carol sung by Elvis is "I'll Be Home for Christmas."

    It's so sweet that you and your grandson have this to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the "I'll be Home for Christmas" too!

      Delete
  3. What a precious memory, Paula. I can't wait to play this video!
    Hands down, my fav is "Oh, Holy Night" (Michael Crawford) ... unless I'm feeling in a silly mood and regress to my childhood favorite by Alvin and the Chipmunks.
    Funny, when I think of "favorite" carols I can't help but remember my mother reminding us each year that "Little Drummer Boy" was her favorite .... even before the dementia set in, she'd let us know that was her favorite ... again and again (and again) until I wanted to scream. These days, I have to turn the station if it comes on; I'd give anything to hear her say that once more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that! We hate it so when they repeat things over and over. And then they are gone................

      Delete
  4. Love silent night Paula, but my favorite would have to be Sleigh Bells. It brings back memories for me too. When my daughter was little we would dance around to it in the family room. We probably looked crazy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great bond between the two of you. It's the little things like that that make a huge difference in his life. You are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He and I do have a great bond. He is a wonderful young man!

      Delete
  6. Love Silent Night. I used to sing "We Three Kings" to my daughter, at any time of the year ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is interesting....just another way we are so alike!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!