Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Ho, Ho, Ho, and Bah Humbug

I will be very honest with all of you here. I am ready for Christmas to be over. It has never been my favorite time of the year. Probably for a variety of reasons and I would be a psychiatrist's dream patient if I wanted to go and dig into all of my problems. But I don't want to, so there! I am just tired of all the holly jolly and the fakeness of it all. I am surrounded by sickness. My baby son, the rock of my life, has the flu. We haven't seen him for over a week and Christmas with him is questionable. And that sucks! Richard is getting worse everyday no matter how much I try to tell myself that he isn't. Now, the grandson woke up this morning hacking and snotting all over the place. Just what I needed.....

But it is Holidailies time. And I haven't done it for two days so it is catch up time.

What are you best known for in your family, or circle of friends?

I suppose this means what I am best known for at Christmas time. These questions could really use a little work. Probably what I am best known for is that I really don't like the Christmas holiday. Never have! Probably never will. It hasn't EVER been a happy time of year for me.

How do you feel about outdoor holiday decorations?

This is the first year that we haven't put up lights on the house. I have a new roof and the old hangers that I had wouldn't work and I just said forget it. I like tasteful decorations. My husband likes the giant blow-ups. We have always had them because he liked them. I always teased him and said it made us look a bit "white trashy". But one of my favorite traditions (which we didn't get to do this year) is drive around and look at the lights, so I guess I can't say that I don't like Christmas lights. Just a few more days and we can all move on the a new year. Thanks for sticking by me (if you have).


6 comments:

  1. Hang in there Paula. Mom got my cold yesterday so I don't know if I will be joining Frank at his families tonight. My sis is coming to stay here with her while we sing at Midnight Mass tonight but she won't be home from her in laws to be over in time for me to go to mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hanging Wendy....might be from a thread, but I'm hanging!

      Delete
  2. How is my brother in law doing this morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weak....but he ate and Harley and I wrestled him in and out of the shower. We have quarantined Darian to his room. If Richard gets sick again I will strangle them all...there I said it!

      Delete
  3. Oh--I'm so sorry there is sickness at your home. That changes things a lot. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hopefully it will all leave us soon....

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!