Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Give me Your Fruit Cakes

It is hard to believe that we are already on day 10 of Holidailies. These months are just flying away. I will be 90 in the blink of an eye. Ha! Ha! Today our writing prompt is:




What is a traditional holiday food you just can't stand?

I can't think of a single holiday food that I don't like. We really don't have anything unusual at our house. Just a repeat of Thanksgiving. And we love all of that food. I am thinking since there will only be a few of us this year that I might not bake a turkey and just stick with ham. And maybe mix up the sides a bit to different things. Stay tuned to see how that works.

I love oyster stew and used to want to make that a Christmas Eve tradition but only Richard and I will eat it. Maybe I will make a small pot and make potato soup for the kids. 

I love fruit cake. I always get all the fruit cakes that are passed out in the family that no one else will eat. Fine with me! Cuz, I like them.

So I guess I just have to leave this prompt without an answer. Cause I like to eat and there isn't much that I won't eat. What is something that you can't stand?

6 comments:

  1. You know what Paula? I have never ever tried fruitcake. Isn't that funny....I guess it is just because it has always gotten such a bad rap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same way. And then one year my 'adopted daughter's' husband brought us one and it was yummy. Homemade by an Amish lady

      Delete
  2. I like only a few fruit cakes. One made with lots of nuts and liquor. I have had many that I didn't like. But I have never had anything Amish that wasn't yummy!!!

    Now the oyster stew really caught my eye. Growing up that is what my parents had on Christmas Eve and I hated it. But I was not given a choice. That is what we had so I ate it. I considered it my trial to get past so that I could have Christmas. Now as an adult I think I would love it. But our traditions for food are not fixed and I doubt my family would eat oyster strew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what I have decided...I am Making the Oyster Stew for Richard and myself, and they can have whatever!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!