Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Apple Dumplings with Sprite

Today is day 3 of Holidailies. This is so much fun! You can go here if you want to join in. Today's writing prompt is:

Share you favorite holiday recipe..where/when did you first try it





Apple Dumplings with Sprite

4 apples peeled and cored;cut into fourths
2 cans crescent dinner rolls; open and separate
2 cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar
12 ounce can sprite
1 1/2 stick margarine

In a 9x13 pan (sprayed with Pam) wrap each piece of apple in a roll and place in pan core side down.
Mix sugars together and spread over apples evenly. Cut margarine over the top and pour the sprite around the edges.
Bake at 375 and bake until brown.
I baked mine for 40 minutes.
I also sprinkled cinnamon on the top.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
YUMMY!


I found this recipe a number of years ago. I usually have left-over apples around this time of the year and this is so super easy. And trust me they are yummy. Probably not very low in calories, but heck it is the holidays, right?


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is! And really easy. I have relatives who tried it with Mountain Dew and said it was just as good

      Delete
  2. Sounds yummy and easy, just what I should try! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very easy....and you will love how tasty they are

      Delete
  3. A sweet neighbor brought these over for me one day, completely unexpected. She made her with Mountain Dew and said orange juice would work, too. She just passed away in October and I will be grateful for her every time I make "Cathy's Apple Dumplings." Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious and easy to make. I will definitely try those this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That klooks delicious! Thanks for visiting mt blog and yes - I live in Australia. Shiorts and summer dresses all round for Christmas here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that certainly makes sense. I visited Australia once....back in 2000

      Delete
  6. Wow, this does look easy and it looks very yummy. I have kept this to try! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super easy. I don't do anything complicated...well except for caregiving!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!