Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Sangria


What do you do with a bottle of wine that someone brought you and it is just not all that good? I make Sangria. You can use any wine to make Sangria and it will taste yummy. I have a pretty little drink dispenser that I set up with the sangria and people just help themselves. Here is a recipe to get you started:


Spiced Apple Cider Sangria

To make the spiced apple cider:

2 cups apple cider (the real stuff)
1/3 cup sugar
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/4-1/2 tsp. ground allspice
1/2 tsp orange zest
2 orange slices (round)

For the Spiced Sangria

1 bottle red wine
2 cups of the apple cider from above
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup brandy

Mix all the ingredients together
Garnish with orange wheels and cinnamon sticks
Pour over ice

Or you can heat it and strain it and serve it warm.

Enjoy!

Here is is...day 27! Read my other posts to the 30 Days of Thanksgiving here.

2 comments:

  1. totally wished I liked wine...maybe some sparkling grape juice?? lol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!