Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November's Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...it is dark and cold. We have had a couple of nights in the 20's. Today we did see upper 40's however.

I am thinking...only two more weeks until Thanksgiving. Where oh where did this year go?

I am thankful...for antibiotics. Richard has the start of another urinary tract infection. So he started back on Cipro today.

In the kitchen...I just haven't felt like cooking this week. So it hasn't been homemade meals. Stuff from the freezer like enchiladas that the kids made as a fund raiser. Good though.

I am wearing...sweatpants and a tee shirt

I am creating...the perfect Thanksgiving. In my mind.

I am going...to try really, really hard to get organized around here.

I am wondering...what tomorrow will bring.

I am reading...I am currently reading an old gent's blog (on my Nook) about his years of caring for a wife with Parkinson's disease.

I am hoping...for a good day tomorrow.

I am looking forward to...seeing my cousins at Thanksgiving.

I am learning...that my mom was right.."life is not fair" and "no one promised me a rose garden."

Around the house...I have rearranged some furniture in several rooms. Things are changing.

I am pondering...what tomorrow will bring.

A favorite quote for today...



One of my favorite things...no clothes in the laundry hamper. Doesn't happen very often.

A few plans for the rest of the week:Just more of the same. This is the last week before Darian starts wrestling practices. Harley is already in basketball practices and things will get crazier.

10 comments:

  1. Getting organized around the house ... when I was stressed that was the number 1 stress reliever for me - it was something that I could control (when there was so little I could control) and it definitely made my life easier in small ways - which when you are a caregiver is the only way to make life better - baby steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard here, cause if he is awake he wants to be able to see me. So I have to wait for him to sleep before I can do anything in the other rooms

      Delete
  2. I love that quote! And it does sound like life will be more hectic when practices begin for the winter sports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be more hectic for sure. I love the quote, as well.

      Delete
  3. Moms are right sometimes. Those are the kinda of truths that you sometimes you don't realize until you're all grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God for happy memories, sometimes they are all that get us through the tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am wondering where the year went too. Time is flying by and I really don't like it. There is so much I need to do. I am sorry about Richard getting another UTI. Thank goodness for antibiotics. Getting organized is hard. I am trying the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The antibiotic seems to be working again

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!