Saturday, November 16, 2013

Heart Attack Potatoes

At my house at Thanksgiving (or any other time they can talk me into making them) we love what we call heart attack potatoes. I think you can find the recipe all over the internet listed as party potatoes. They got the name 'heart attack' potatoes because of the ingredients. One day when I made them and people were oohing and aahing someone asked for the recipe. As I read it out and they copied it down someone in the room said, "dang those things will clog up your arteries." Hence, "heart attack potatoes."



Heart Attack Potatoes

2 pound bag frozen hash browns
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
10 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
Topping:
2-3 cups crushed corn flakes
1/2 cup melted margarine

Thaw potatoes and combine all ingredients
Put into a large, greased baking dish.
Sprinkle topping on.
Bake for 1 to 1-1/2 hours at 350*



Give them a try if you have never eaten them. They are delish.

Closer and closer the big day is coming.
What are your plans?
Read my other 30 Days of Thanksgiving posts here

6 comments:

  1. We call them cheesy potatoes and we love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks easy. I'm cutting and pasting. I'm hopeless in the kitchen and this could come in handy if ever I need to show up somewhere with a dish this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really, really easy Gal. And if you put it in one of those aluminum pans with a snap on lid you don't even have to worry about taking home a pan.

      Delete
  3. These look good, unfortunately I live in a house of very picky eaters that don't like potatoes (the horror!!). I will definitely have to make this and take it to a function though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot imagine people who don't like potatoes....

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!