Sunday, November 17, 2013

Ham It Up


After I met Richard and he came into the family we began to  serve ham along with our Thanksgiving turkey. Richard said that is what his family always did so that became our new tradition as well. Sometimes, if it has been a good season, my brothers will contribute some dove and pheasant to the table. One year when we had been in a drought for a couple of years my brother Rich brought two dove on a big turkey platter. Two! It was so cute. 

Today is day 16 on my 30 Days of Thanksgiving. Read all my posts here. We are in countdown mode now . 

Tell me....do you have both ham and turkey? Or just turkey?

6 comments:

  1. I have never eaten dove. Are they good? White meat or dark. I am not crazy about duck or woodcock but I love partridge and pheasant if it is cooked properly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the pheasant to the dove. But our family are dove-eaters!

      Delete
  2. We have always had turkey. But when I married my husband, his mother always had sourcrout with turkey. Go figure. So we started serving sourcrout. In my home, sourcrout always went with pork. Not sure if sourcrout is supposed to go officially with anything, but it is fun to see how different family assign food during holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a new one for me. No sauerkraut at our table.

      Delete
  3. I think we have both. Not really sure. As with all the other yummy Thanksgiving food you have posted; my family doesn't like ham, so we don't buy it. That picture sure looks mouthwatering. I love ham with brown sugar and pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, always with brown sugar and pineapple.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!