Sunday, November 10, 2013

Grateful for My Brothers and Sister

1960
( me with the black/white shoes on the right)

1983
(me with the really short hair on the left)

2005
(I am there with the green shorts)
2008
(me brown shirt on left This is the last picture we have all taken together)

I can't think of the month of November without thinking about my brothers and sister. We have all shared a past. A lot of it wasn't all that great. I don't have many 'happy' childhood memories. And there are times I wonder if I even grew up with these same people. Because sometimes their memories and mine are so different. Even about the same things that happened. But they are still the people that I grew up with. And some of us are still in touch. I always think it is sad when brothers and sisters have problems. Like I am always telling my granddaughter, "blood is thicker than water", "family first!" I have celebrated a lot of Thanksgiving past with these four people. And I am grateful for each of them! 


8 comments:

  1. This post makes me miss my sisters. We're so close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is wonderful Kwiz...my sister and I don't even talk to each other. Sad!!

      Delete
  2. Different or not, you're SO fortunate to have one another, Paula. Being an "only" child, I always gravitated to pals who had several siblings. I hope they have a chance to see/read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I wish they would too....but sometimes being the only one is being blessed!

      Delete
  3. I have 4 brothers and 1 sister. It is funny how you all grow up in the same household but have different memories and different experiences. I always thought it was just because of the large age difference in our family. The eldest was 24 when the youngest was born, but maybe all families are like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if that is true...we sure did have different memories of the same things!

      Delete
  4. I'm in the same boat with you. I am very thankful to have a great relationship with my sister, but my brother and my sister on my mom's side is a whole different story. My brother (my only full blood sibling) and I haven't talked in 3 years. I have made many attempts, but he just doesn't want anything to do with me. It's really sad because Elexis asks about him. She lost an uncle and its not fair to her. My older sister lives 25 minutes away from me and I haven't seen her in two years. Again, I reach out and get rejected. It's their loss. I am glad you have pictures with the 5 of you in them. Something to hold on and cherish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just not even going to try anymore. I am the one that gets hurt. I think they like to wallow in their own self-pity. I have too much on my plate to worry about it anymore

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!