Sunday, November 10, 2013

Be Grateful for a Veteran


Today in the United States of America is Veteran's Day. I am thankful that all of the vets that are close to me served their country proudly and came back home alive. My thanks to my husband, Richard, my brothers, Chuck and Fred, my cousins Howard and Calvin,and for my brother-in-law (who is now deceased) Denny. All of you played an important part in my freedom.  Everyone of you have made me proud! And thanks to all of those vets that I don't know personally who were willing to put their lives on the line to keep our country free. And my deepest thanks to those veterans who gave up their lives for my country!

Today we are 11 Days into the 30 Days of Thanksgiving Challenge. For my posts so far you can go here.

6 comments:

  1. I think one day a year is not enough to express our gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should say thank you every day of the year!

      Delete
  2. The 11th of the 11th is remembrance day here. We stop at 11am for a minute to remember the sacrifices made to keep our world safe. Emotions run high. Such bravery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is nice Lisa. I haven't looked to see how other countries celebrate.

      Delete
  3. Excellent tribute. Any chance I get, I thank a vet or active member. Without them, our country wouldn't be.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!