Friday, November 1, 2013

A favorite Recipe

One of my favorite things to eat around the Thanksgiving holiday is anything cranberry. Years ago a friend gave me this really simple recipe for Cranberry Relish. It will keep in your fridge "forever" and it tastes good with anything. I love it. (I understand that it freezers well also).


Really Simple Cranberry Relish
  • one package fresh cranberries
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 jar orange marmalade
  • juice of one lime
Toss the cranberries with sugar. Put in oven at 350* for one hour. Stir after 45 minutes, let cool. Add the rest of the ingredients and place in a covered bowl or jar in the refrigerator. 


Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving recipe? I hope you will share it.


8 comments:

  1. That sound delicious. I will definitely try it this year. I usually make my cranberry relish with sugar and orange juice but this year I will try it with the marmalade. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it Wendy. Give it a try

      Delete
  2. That would be delish spread on a sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately that would go to waste in my house because my family doesn't care for marmalade like I do. My favorite Thanksgiving recipe is pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie equally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't go to waste! If you are the only one eating it, it would last in the fridge for weeks. It is so good. You should try it. Good to see you Flora

      Delete
  4. I love love love Cranberry sauce! I like it while it is still a little warm (and who am I kidding while it is ice cold too). None of my family likes it so I usually had the entire bowl to myself. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of us love it...well us immediate four that live here. Not the rest of my family though!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!