Thursday, October 10, 2013

What The Wise Ones Have to Say..

  Here we are already to day 11  of The Nester's challenge. If you would like to read my other posts go here.


"Patience, grasshopper," said Maria. "Good things come to those who wait."
"I always thought that was good things come to those who do the wave," said Simon, "No wonder I have been so confused all my life."

Cassandra Clare, City of Glass




 "Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday."

   A. A. Milne, Winnie the Pooh    
                                                   



 "There are times to stay put, and what you want will come to you, and there are times to go out into the world and find such a thing for yourself."




Lemony Snickett, Horseradish, Bitter Truths You Can't Avoid    




                               

                               
"He that can have patience, can have what he will"

Benjamin Franklin




"Patience is bitter, but it's fruit is sweet"
Aristotle

"Patience and wisdom walk hand in hand, like two one-armed lovers"



Jarod Kintz, $3.33







"The Strongest of all warriors are these two..time and patience"


Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace



"God teach me to be patient, teach me to go slow,
Teach me how to wait on you when my way I do not know.

Teach me sweet forbearance when things do not go right
So I remain unruffled when others grow uptight.

Teach me how to quiet my racing, rising heart
So I might hear the answer YOU are trying to impart.

Teach me to let go, dear GOD, and pray undisturbed until
My heart is filled with inner peace, and I learn to know YOUR will."

Helen Steiner Rice








4 comments:

  1. I love these quotes! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I enjoying finding them...

      Delete
  2. I love the Aristotle quote!! It is so hard to be patient though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!