Monday, October 28, 2013

The One Cardinal Sin



Everyday I think that I cannot possibly find anything more to say about patience. And then I find something that makes me stop to think. Today that is a quote by W.H. Auden, an anglo-American poet who once won the Pulitzer prize.

"Perhaps there is only one cardinal sin: impatience. Because of impatience we were driven out of Paradise, because of impatience we cannot return."

Today is the 29th day of The Nester's 31 day challenge. And it has tested my patience. Read all of my posts on 'Practicing Patience' here.

4 comments:

  1. Poor you. This challenge is almost over then you can rant, rave, throw things, kick the dog, break a window and burn your bra. Lol. Bravo for meeting the challenge, much more than I could have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Ha! I am still doing all that. Except for burning the bra.....those days are over forever.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I never thought of it that way...what a good perspective to look at it from.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!