Thursday, September 5, 2013

The most useful advice I ever received...



 
Thursday, September 5: Pass on some useful advice or information you learned ad always remembered.
 
 
    I do not remember the name of the person who gave me this bit of advice but it is one of the best pieces of advice I ever received. I was told that when I chose my life career that I should pick something that I loved to do. Something that I would do even if I wasn't paid to do it. Something that I would happily get out of bed to do everyday until I retired. And that is what I did. I loved being a nurse. There were things about the job that I didn't like. I hated the politics of the job. I often times clashed with a management who would make the rules but then not enforce them. But I loved taking care of my patients. And I was good at it. And I miss it. Except that is what I am still doing. Being a nurse and taking care of the most important patient that I will ever have. My husband.
 
 





6 comments:

  1. Absolutely! I don't have the biggest paycheck, but I truly love my job. Your husband is one lucky guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it is luck. It is certainly a test to the marriage vows, that is for sure

      Delete
  2. Found your blog from the blog challenge. I envy you!! I could never be a nurse, I HATE needles and blood! Cant wait to read more!!! come visit mine :)

    http://lovelylexe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate needles too...especially those pointed at me. And blood doesn't bother me that much except for the smell....thanks for visiting me today!

      Delete
  3. Very good advice! Now, I just need to follow it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!