Sunday, September 8, 2013

Just The Facts Ma'am

Monday, September 9: Take this short personality test and respond to your results. (at the end, find the detailed profile of your personality account - click "click to view" under "You" and "self awareness and personal growth." You can even google your type and find more info on it!)




Oh my gosh! Does anyone ever take these personality tests and really find themselves? This one hit me closer than any other test I have ever taken and gave me a good evening of some wonderful reading and introspection. I am considered an ISTJ. That stands for Introvert (67%) Sensing (38%)
Thinking (12%) and Judging (67%). This test called me the Inspector (I think my family would agree with that). It says that I have a keen sense of right and wrong and that I am noted for devotion to duty. Punctuality is VERY important to me. And that is very true. I would rather stay home than be late.

It also stated that I am often giving off the impression that I am aloof and maybe cold. I have been told this in the past. I am not a gusher. I am not free with showing my emotions. That is why I like writing this blog. I can do it and remain somewhat protected.

ISTJ's are most at home with "just the facts, Ma'am." I laughed out loud when I read this. I often say this to my grand-daughter when she is giving me every little detail of a story. Joe Friday from Dragnet is a fictional ISTJ. Ha! Ha!

I am easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others especially when they don't keep their commitments. Amen sister. That is without a doubt me! When asked about their feelings, they don't mince words. Once again I agree with that completely. I don't believe in beating around the bush. Truth wins out over tact every single time.

"We've always done it this way" is often reason enough for ISTJ's and threats to time-honored traditions or established organizations are the undoing of people like me and must be fought at all costs.

Joe Friday
FAMOUS ISTJS:

Thomas (Christ's disciple)

U.S. Presidents:
    George Washington
     Herbert Hoover
     George H.W. Bush
Jackie Joyner-Kersee
Evander Holyfield

Fictional ISTJs:

Joe Friday (Just the facts)
Fred Mertz ( I Love Lucy)
Cliff (Cheers)


This was fun. And enlightening. I took it with tongue in cheek. But there is a whole lot of me in this description. Now you go take the test and let us know what you find out about yourself.

6 comments:

  1. I am E/INFJ. A split between extrovert and introvert. I think I score introvert because I'm used to being by myself, since I live alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an ISFJ, and, for the most part, the results are a pretty dead on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely knew I was an extrovert. I love people. I like hearing their stories. I also go Sensing Feeling Judging. So that makes me an ESFJ. I may try taking the test again when I am not so tired. Some of the questions I had to really think about. I will post my stuff on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't want to have to think too hard when we are tired, do we?

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!