Thursday, September 19, 2013

Friday Letters

Here it is! Already another weekend before us. Time is flying by. My mother told me when I was young and wanting to hurry and grow up that someday I would wish that the years would slow down. And I am there now! Seems like only yesterday I was turning 40. And now I am looking down the road to 65 in just a few years. Without further ado......here are my Friday Letters


Dear Richard:  I love you everyday! It is hard what we are going through. But love will get us through.

Dear September:  You will soon be gone. And replaced with October which is the real fall month. Time to think about bringing in the houseplants and readying things outdoors for winter. I will miss you September.

Dear Car:  You have been a good 'ol' lady. Now you are almost 13 years old. And there are almost 130,000 miles on you. But don't fail me yet. I need you around for a lot longer. Quit turning on  all those cute little lights on the dash. It is just not necessary.

Dear Hospice Re-Cert Nurse:  I can't believe it has already been 6 months since we entered Hospice. I look forward to your visit but please, please, please re-qualify us. Your help has been invaluable. Especially with supplies

Love,

Paula

12 comments:

  1. I think it's interesting that your car is a girl. I know boats and ships are always referred to as "she," even if they have male names like the SS Abraham Lincoln. Maybe it's the same thing for cars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of friday letters.
    Appreciation and gratitude are so important.
    smooch xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to learn to have more gratitude

      Delete
  3. What a great idea for a post....gratitude is ALWAYS a good thing, although sometimes one has to dig pretty deep to find it. Can't tell you how happy I am to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. I was in just a bit of a funk. I think there were some family members getting to me and the whole caregiving thing. But I am back now and I will SURVIVE! Roar Ha Ha

      Delete
  4. I loved catching up with your Friday Letters and am SO happy to see you blogging again. Your posts always make me smile and I love seeing what you, Richard and the kids are up to. I'll be saying prayers that hospice re-qualifies. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have really missed you.

      Delete
  5. So glad I found your new page. Love reading your posts, you have a way with words that most of us wish we had. I think about you and your family all the time, miss ya on FB, but totally understand why. Love and miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers that you are requalified. My car's name is Haley Honda. I love her. She just rolled over to 120,000 miles...she is only 5 1/2 though. Our truck is 15 years old and sometimes decides she is a Christmas tree and likes to have pretty blinking lights as well. Knock on wood, nothing serious has been wrong with Bessie (our truck). I so desperately want time to slow down a little. Life is going way to fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard back from Hospice but they delivered meds yesterday so I guess that is a good sign. Wow Haley Honda has put on a lot of miles in just a short period of time. You must GO a lot. Prayers for Bessie. :)

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!