Thursday, September 26, 2013

Decorating Woes

     I was just reading some of my favorite blogs and came away with the idea that there must be something wrong with me. I don't have a 'decorated' laundry room! My laundry room is small. There is room for the washer and the dryer. The floor is covered with some really ugly indoor-outdoor orange carpet that was there when we bought the house (25 years ago, I am embarrassed to say). There is a counter that spans an entire wall and is covered in a really ugly laminate top. Years ago my husband hung a rod for me to hang clothes on as they came out of the dryer. Sadly that is where most of the clothes stay until someone wants to wear them. And the counter is filled with clothes (they are folded however) that no one wears anymore. We have a whole wall of cabinets that are ugly brown and house lots of crap that has nothing to do with the laundry room at all. And this is also where the trash/recycle bins sit by the garage door. Not appealing at all. But it is functional. And the laundry is mostly done. Most days, that is.


      I cannot imagine a laundry room that would have a bouquet of flowers. Can you? This is a beautiful laundry room (pictured above) but come on....does anyone really believe that real people live in this house?  Or if they do, do we believe that the laundry room ever looks like this. And why would anyone want it to look like this. I love to read decorating blogs and DIY blogs, but I really never get around to doing anything to my house. If I ever decorate my laundry room you guys will be the first to know. And I promise to post all of my beautiful pictures too! 

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted one of those fancy laundry rooms, too. Hell, I'd like a fancy anything at this point...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!