Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My August Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY  

August 14, 2013

Outside my window...


Finally we are seeing the sun shine here in Kansas. We have had so much rain since the end of July that we have ended our two year drought in my part of Kansas. From July 23 until August 4 we have recorded a total of 9.11 inches of rain. And we had a couple of more days with heavy rains after that. Enough!!

I am thinking...


I am thinking that most of my flowers in hanging baskets outside are probably done for the summer. Just too water logged. They need some oxygen to their roots.

I am thankful...


I am thankful that we are no longer suffering a drought, but this much rain is not a good thing either.

In the kitchen...


I made another peach cobbler last night. This one I just topped with canned biscuits as I had some I needed to get used. Top with cinnamon and sugar and the fresh peaches and it was delicious.

I am wearing...


What I always wear, shorts and a tee shirt

I am creating...


We are getting ready to change Darian's bedroom. I have the plans made. The bedspread and drapes orders. We will get ready to paint soon. We are doing an industrial theme. Should last him until college and beyond.


I am going...


CRAZY!!

I am wondering...


I am wondering how little old ladies (like 80+) take care of their little old husbands when they are ill. I am 18 years younger than Richard and this 24/7 care is killing me.


I am reading...


I am reading  Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers) by Margaret Daily. It was a freebie on my Nook Color.


I am hoping...


I just hoping that I can keep on hoping. Does that make sense?



I am looking forward to...


I am looking forward to the kids returning to school on September 4. It has been a 4 month summer vacation and we need to get back into a routine.

I am learning....


I wish I could say that I was learning patience, but that is a really hard thing for me. I am working on it daily.


Around the house...


There is always so much laundry!


I am pondering...


I do a lot of pondering...that is for sure.



A favorite quote for today...




One of my favorite things...


One of my favorite things has always been a Fresh New School Year!


A few plans for the rest of the week:


Church for the kids tonight, debate practice for Darian tomorrow, then we really have no plans until Monday. I can start working on getting Darian's room ready to paint

A peek into my day...



6 comments:

  1. Love the quote. Might use it sometime on my blog.

    Yeah, that 24/7 caregiving just sucks the life right out of you. I did that for a year and by the end I was pretty exhausted, mentally on auto pilot, and my own health was showing stress fractures! Just keep putting one foot and front of the other. Keep praying. Keep writing. Keeping doing your best - because it is all you have to offer. You will survive this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting close to my second year in September and it IS sucking the life right out of me, for sure

      Delete
  2. It will suck the life from you. :/ but I really hope you keep hoping too! This will pass.
    Wow you guys got a lot of rain. It seemed like we had more rain this summer than last couple. But Michigan weather is nuts. its like mother nature has p.m.s. here... Oi! lol
    Patience is a very very hard thing to learn. You have it, it just doesn't feel like it I'm sure.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything eventually passes, but getting to the end can be horrid. If you know what I mean. Yes we have had a LOT of rain

      Delete
  3. We've gotten a lot of rain this summer, too. Strange.
    I bet your peach cobbler was good. I'm all for making things the easy way for a change.
    My grandmother is 80 and still takes care of elderly patients. I'm only 39, but I'm not sure I can do what you guys do. I suppose if I had to, I would make a way.
    I love, love, love your quote!
    Patience takes continual practice. I think as long as you're working at it, you're making progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Flora for your kind words. I am going through a bit of a rough patch right now

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!