Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I chuckle when I read first day back to school posts by other parents!


I must be a terrible parent.
Or in my case a terrible grandparent.
I am not going to cry on the first day of school.
I am not even going to be sad.
I am happy that a big yellow bus will show up early, early and haul them away.
The thing that I am saddest about is that we still have two full weeks to wait.
But I will not be sad.
I might even do a handstand.
If that is possible.
It's Not!
But if I could do one I would do one.
I am looking forward to getting back to a routine.
I like where they go to bed early.
And I stay up.
I like where they get up early.
And I stay in bed.
I am not going to be sad.
I am not going to cry.
They are growing up.
And that makes me happy.
That is my goal in life.
To help them to grow up.
Fast.
I am ready !
I must be a terrible parent.

9 comments:

  1. Not a terrible parent at all! It's nice to have a break! I understand completely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just a creature of habit and I love schedules and summertime has thrown us all off

      Delete
  2. You have a lot on your plate, I would be glad too. That's just two more people you don't have to take care of during the day. Completely understandable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really take care of them....but I like schedules and I like a quieter house :)

      Delete
  3. As a teacher, I never understood the tears of parents for high schoolers. (Because yes, there are parents of high schoolers who cry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I cannot understand that any parent would cry with a high schooler :) But that is just me.

      Delete
  4. I don't think you're a terrible parent or grandparent. I'm a weepy mother, grandmother and aunt. I helped my nephew move into his dorm room last week, and I cried. On the other hand, my sister was almost giddy and already making plans for his room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giddy might be what I will be....

      Delete
  5. Lol I think I would cry at first but when I get back home I would do a happy dance..

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!