Friday, August 2, 2013

August 3 Happiness Challenge


I love fresh peaches.
Especially fresh 'Georgia' peaches.
I got a full bushel of them this week.
And do you know what makes me happy?

This!!!!

I haven't made this yet this year. But I will! Today I made a Peach Crisp. Yummy

Peach Cobbler



Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup(s) granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon(s) corn starch
  • 2 1/2 cup(s) peaches (with juice) pre-sliced
  • 1 cube(s) butter
  • 1 tablespoon(s) cinnamon
  • Topping
  • 1 cup(s) flour sifted
  • 1 tablespoon(s) granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
  • 3 tablespoon(s) shortening
  • 1/2 cup(s) milk

Preparation

  1. In large saucepan, mix 1/2 cup sugar and corn starch, gradually stir in peaches and juice. Bring to a boil and stir constantly for one minute.

  2. Pour the mix into a 2 quart (8x8") glass baking dish and dot with butter.

  3. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

  4. Topping:
  5. Sift together the flour, 1 tbsp sugar, baking powder and salt

  6. Cut in shortening and milk, cutting with a knife until it looks like meal

  7. Drop spoon fulls onto the hot peach mix

  8. Bake at 400 deg for 25-30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown

This recipe can be found here


16 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, please! I'd love this! We get apples and cinnamon together all the time, but peach and cinnamon is more rare but just as delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love crisps! When we were living in Montana, my mom came up to visit, and we went berrying. We picked a gallon or so of huckleberries, which are like smaller, tarter blueberries. My mom threw together a nectarine and huckleberry crisp that I still remember today. It was the most amazing thing ever! Enjoy your peaches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound so good. I have heard of huckleberries but wouldn't have thought of making a crisp. Yummy!

      Delete
  3. I love peach cobble! Now you made me hungry for it, I'm going to have to get to the farmers market for some peaches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks wonderful doesn't it! I am making this one today

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. The crisp was yummy. I have to go to the store for shortening before I can make this recipe

      Delete
  5. What is a cobbler ? Like a danish or a strudel? I would add some ginger I think to the peaches ( I would add ginger to anything).
    Cobbler, hmm. Will get my daughter straight on to it. I cant touch fresh peaches- that furry feeling sends me crazy. Like grasshoppers. Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cobbler is somewhat like a pie. I would bet that ginger would be delicious added to this. You should try it. I have a grandson that feels like that about touching certain things. I have a granddaughter that finds that touching a paper napkin makes her shudder.

      Delete
  6. OMG!! I am drooling!! I wish I had the ability to smell through the internet!! I am definitely going to try this recipe!! Peaches make me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take my word for it, the smell would increase the drooling!!

      Delete
  7. That looks yummy! The topping and crust are the best parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know...I love fresh peaches

      Delete
  8. love peaches too!! here in FL, they are usually mealy though. I rarely get good ones. You are lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones that I bought were shipped in from Georgia. They were delicious

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!