Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Middle of the Storm

      I am in the middle of the storm. The winds are ravaging me. I hang on for dear life.  The storm is tearing away at me. I am coming apart.I am being tugged and pulled and tiny pieces of me are blowing away. I am dripping wet. But it is only the tears dripping down my face. I scream silently but  am drowned out by the thundering of my heart. Can this storm go on? Will the winds calm, if only for a bit? Can the waterworks stop? Will the sun ever shine again? Silently I sob. No one can hear me. The storm is too loud. Will I be blown away. Or can I adjust my sails and go on?




(Scroll down for the July Blogging Challenge)

14 comments:

  1. Oh Paula - my heart hurts to read this. While I don't know you I feel like I do through the blogging world.

    Matthew 14:25-33 Be encouraged, dear friend, He hears our cries above any storm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that HE does hear me. And HE has been hearing from me plenty lately. Thanks for being here for me! It helps

      Delete
  2. Powerful words. My heart is aching for you friend. I wish I were closer to help lighten that load. Please know you're in my thoughts and prayers, every single day! Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you It helps. And sometimes I just have to let the words get out. But knowing I have friends like you here really, really does help!

      Delete
  3. My heart goes out to you, Paula. I, too, will pray that you can stand strong while going through this journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Flora! All prayers are welcome

      Delete
  4. *hugs* praying for you my dear friend. May you find the strength to adjust your sails. You are always in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cristy. I am tugging on those sails with all my might. The wind is really strong right now!

      Delete
  5. <3 hugs for you. I hate the idea of watching ANYONE whither away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that it is something any of us want to do!

      Delete
  6. Prayers dear lady! You are in my thoughts. Hang tough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I have missed seeing you around!

      Delete
  7. I am also in a storm today. Lets hold each others hand against the blustering winds it brings. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lisa, I am reaching out to you and holding on tight!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!