Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Spending a Day in History

July 31, 2013

What one person from history would you most like to spend a day with? And Why?

     Here we are on the last day of July. The last day of the Blogging Challenge. It has been really fun and I have enjoyed meeting new blogging friends and getting together with old friends. Now I am going  to do the Happiness Challenge with my friend Kwizgiver for the month of August. Come along and join us. If you leave me a comment everyday, I will hop over to your blog to see what you are 'happy' about. I really, really need this as today I am not feeling very happy and I need to work on turning that all around.

     Now on to today's prompt. I don't really have anyone special in mind that I would like to spend the day with. I think it would have been cool to be at the helm of the ship as Columbus discovered the new land. And I would have liked to have walked the streets in Kansas with an ax right along with Carrie Nation. Not that I am a big believer in temperance but I just like that she was so radical in getting her point across. Did you know that she died in Leavenworth, Kansas in 1911. That would have been the year after my dad was born. And did you know that she was SIX feet tall? She was a homely woman and scary looking too....don't you think?



Who would you like to spend a day with?






16 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award! and thank you for a brilliant Blog Challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and I hope to see you again in blog land!

      Delete
  2. I really have enjoyed participating in this blog challenge! Thanks so much for letting me be a part of it! Yes, I agree, Carrie Nation was homely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the challenge! And the award :)! I've enjoyed getting to know you, so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for participating Elena. I loved getting to know you as well

      Delete
  4. Funny you posted a picture of her, knew right off who she was. We watched a 2 part documentary several nights ago on Prohibition. That woman was nuts. Apparently she was more then extreme in her actions, and probably truly was mentally disturbed, inherited from other family members who had "officially" been diagnosed as lunatic...the term they used back then. Her mother was in an asylum. Prohibition sure caused lots of problems, it's amazing to me it took so long to repeal it. Seems they now refer to it as the a terrible social experiment. The documentary was fantastic to watch.

    Sorry you're having a tough day....hope things improve
    Oozing Out My Ears

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved how she went about 'axing' all those saloons. Lunatic or not she had a lot to do with the women's movement. Walk softly, smile pretty, and carry a big ax. LOL Thanks for participating in the challenge

      Delete
  5. That made me laugh, smile and carry a big ax. Yes, she did help the woman's movement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep she did! Not that I am really all about the woman's movement.

      Delete
  6. I picked a radical woman, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is a bit scary looking. I'm always in awe of women who are brave enough to take a stand for what they believe in, but I'm not sure I could muster enough courage to walk with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have an ax you can borrow if you want to try it now...haha. Not really, I don't want to have to come up with bail money...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good way to relieve my anger, huh!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!