Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Playing Catchup

July 8 and July 9
How will life be different in 5 years
     I do not know where I will be in 5 years or how different my life will be. I expect that I will be a widow by then, but only God knows that for sure. Darian will have graduated from high school and will be going to a school of some kind to further his education. Harley will just be 18 and in her final year of high school. I cannot even begin to fathom  how different things will be. I am not ready to think that far ahead.
What is your Food Philosophy
     My food philosophy is that if it tastes good and I like it, then eat it. I gave up eating things that are good for me a long time ago. Life is too short, as far as I am concerned, to worry about dieting all the time. I love food of all kinds. I eat when I am happy. I eat when I am sad. I eat when I am depressed. I eat when I am stressed. And I am not going to change.
     We are back home. The air conditioning is nice. It is currently 103* here in Kansas. Richard did NOT do well at the motel. He became more disoriented and confused. He did NOT sleep at all as we could not find a hotel with a recliner anywhere in our town. We stayed at our brand new Fairfield Inn and it was very nice. But we checked out before our reservation expired and came home so that he could be more comfortable. He has slept almost continuously since we got here. I have not been able to be online because "someone" hijacked my internet and we just now got things going again. I also do not currently have Wi-Fi as one of my Ethernet cables are shot. I tell you what, friends, if I didn't have bad luck, I don't think I would have any luck at all. I hope that everything is back on track.

Sign in please
















14 comments:

  1. I hold a very similar food philosophy for myself - and definitely for my mom. I would like to live another 20+ years or so, so I am trying to keep my eating habits in the normal range, but I don't deny myself much. For mom, who is now 87 - I say eat whatever you want.

    Unfortunately her appetite is way down. Normal I guess as we age - so all the more reason to eat now!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Richard's appetite comes and goes but we let him eat whatever he wants, whenever he wants....and not eat too if that is what he wants.

      Delete
  2. hi there. not sure how i found your blog today but so glad i did ... i am going to do your July blog challenge. so excited to join in.

    have a great week. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all is well with you and yours my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like to think that far in the future either. We are never guaranteed a tomorrow, let alone a year or 5. I'm sorry to hear Richard had a hard time with the hotel. I am glad you now have a new a/c unit. When bad luck comes like that, we say "when it rains it pours" . I hope the sun shines soon for you friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...it is storming here right now! But after being 107* today a little rain doesn't hurt

      Delete
  5. I'm also not a future thinker. Nothing like being in the present!

    And I'm glad you're home from your hotel hell. Nothing like being home and in routine for Richard.

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison. He slept for almost 24 hours after we arrived at home. Finally we are getting re-adjusted

      Delete
  6. Sorry that you didn't get much rest at your motel. I'm sure you're both happy to be back home....

    HUGE HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are very glad to be back home.

      Delete
  7. Nice to have you back. Been wondering and thinking about you. Sorry the hotel didn't work out for you, was a good try though going for the a.c. and all. Hope you all catch up on your sleep.
    We kept blogging and kept the light on for you

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!