Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Our First Date

July 3

The last movie you saw in a theater


Back in 2010, before Richard got sick, I used to take my grandchildren on
Granny and Me dates.
The first date with Harley was to the theater to see Alice In Wonderland.
We shared a big bucket of popcorn and a large Pepsi and watched the movie.
She still talks about it.
I need to re-instate the dates.
They were important for them.
And for granny.

Click on the button to go to the questions

Sign the linky so we call come visit you



11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was weird, but a good movie!

      Delete
  2. That's a nice tradition. I doubt my Grandmother ever saw a movie so granny dates back then. I think way back my folks took my DD to a Disney something when she was young; but only that once. I don't have grandchildren.
    Going to the Theatre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother would have never done anything like this! She wasn't much on liking little kids

      Delete
  3. That's an adorable idea. Never saw that movie am a big fan of Johnnie D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should see it. Cute movie! And who doesn't love Johnnie!

      Delete
  4. I used to go to the movies allllll the time, now I just don't seem to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been a big fan of the theater. If we watch I movie, I prefer it to be at home.

      Delete
  5. Granny and me dates are a great idea. I'm sure your grandchildren felt extra special when you took them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they loved it! I hope to start them up again someday!

      Delete
  6. My husband goes to the movies at least once a week. It has to be something I really want to see to go. When I go, it usually involves some kind of animation or has the word Disney attached...lol. I love kid movies.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!