Friday, July 26, 2013

My Little HTC Rhyme

 

July 27, 2013

Do you own a smart phone?  Why do you love it?






  Yes, I own a smart phone. And most of the time I like it! But I really want something different. And I just can't decide what I want or even why I want something different. I can't wait to read what all of you think. And see what kinds of phone that you love.

     I own the HTC Rhyme. It is a 'girly' type phone. It is approximately 5" by 2.5" and very slim. That is mostly what I liked about it. That is was very slim. It came in a box with three accessories: a charging dock, earphones, and a little charm that lights up when you are getting a call. I love the charging dock. When my phone is cradled in the dock it displays the time, a calendar and music. I put it in the dock by my couch every night when I go to sleep.
     It has a 5 MP camera that is okay. Takes a decent picture. Not that great really. But then I am not really into taking pictures with my phone. Most of the time I forget that I can take a picture with my phone. I guess that might be due to my age. Cell phones are sure not something that have been around as long as I have.
     The battery power isn't that great. I have to recharge it at least daily and sometimes half-way through the day. That little dangling charm is a waste cause I never put my phone in my purse. And those headphone have the worst design ever. They won't stay in my ears at all. And I don't really listen to music on my phone anyway. The screen is decent and I love the virtual key board which is another reason I got the phone. I was still on just a number keyboard and my rate of texting was ever so slow....do you remember? It is 3G so I guess that is good.
     I am home most of the time so I can use it with my WIFI  but it works better with the 3G. I had to buy a data plan (which irks me) and I never really use any data.


     But I am thinking about up-grading. What would you recommend? And why?




11 comments:

  1. Having to buy the data plan is what's kept me from getting one so I know what you mean. It's just added expense. I don't listen to music on my phone, or take pictures with my phone, I have the keyboard thing which I do use, not alot but it's better then when I didn't have a keyboard. Haven't seen any in the cradle thing, but can remember that was what they did with digital cameras for a while too. I just plug mine in with USB port thing. Sorry no help on what you should get next.
    Smart Phone at Oozing Out My Ears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is ridiculous that they make you buy a data plan if you don't need one

      Delete
  2. Phone companies really stick it to their customers with those data plans. I think you should be able to opt out if you don't want one. I'm partial to the iPhone, so I can't help there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want an iPhone but I still think I would have to have a data plan. We use Verizon!

      Delete
  3. My first cell phone was one of those giant brick ones. The one with the giant antenna. I adore a much smaller phone and the keyboard, but I am always afraid of breaking the screen so I never stick in my purse either. I have the Galaxy and short of a backrub, it does just about everything. It has more storage than my first laptop, lol. Amazing what nano technology has done for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go and check out the details on the Galaxy

      Delete
  4. You are the first person I have come across who actually owns one ! Ten points for that Paula !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what I can do with those 10 points :)

      Delete
  5. Luckily we are grandfathered in on our data plan. Your phone looks cute. I like phones that fit in my pocket. I use mine for music a lot. I pretty much use it for everything. Yes, you would need a data plan for an iphone. With Verizon though, it should be cheaper and better plan than AT&T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thinking and thinking about an iphone. It takes me a long time to make decisions

      Delete
    2. It does me too. My first iPhone I got the day we had to put my dog to sleep. I was so upset and we went looking at phones. I have never regretted my decision. And that was before you could get all the apps on it.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!