Saturday, June 8, 2013

What can the Future Hold

Day Nine

What would you like your future to be like?

How do I view my future? Let me count the ways. I am 62 years old. I want my future to be about taking life easy. I have two kids (grands) home yet. One is 15 and he will graduate high school in 2016. He wants to go on to college. He dreams of following in his Uncle Justin's footsteps and become a member of law enforcement. The girl will graduate from high school in 2018. She wants to go to college and then to law school. It will be a hard row to hoe for her as it will take lots of studying and money. But if she makes up her mind she can do it.  I will continue to take care of my husband until he leaves this earth behind. And then I would like to take a little vacation. I might go with a friend. I might try to get my cousin to go with me. I might go alone. I want to find a beach to lie on and soak in the sun. I want to grieve and rejoice in the life I have lived with Richard. But for now we are just taking one day at a time!
This is a beach in Australia. I know I won't be able to afford to go there again but I can dream about it.
I also might (or might not) sell my house. It is a lot of house for me to take care of. But as long as the kids' are in school we will stay here. Maybe. I think. It is hard to plan my future with the life of my husband being the biggest factor.




Remember to sign in



From down low

My granddaughter lay on the flow in our entryway and took a picture looking up at the ceiling
You can see the AWFUL cottage cheese and this 'delightful' light fixture 




8 comments:

  1. That's a lot of ifs and maybes, but that's the best way. Things do always work out even if you plan them in stone. I hope you get to do the things you want to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are able to go to a welcoming, warm, and beautiful beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you decide to come here ( Australia) let me know. I can help make it more affordable for you and provide you with some company. Newcastle is know for its beaches. The way you look after your teenagers is admirable. xx Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lisa that would be so awesome. My husband and I were there in 2000. I don't know if I will ever get to come again. But if I do, I am going to look you up!

      Delete
  4. Is your hubby ill, Paula? When you said take care of him, I wondered. Your plate is full. You're at an age when you should get some me time. Think I would loose my mind if teenagers were living with me. I hope a beach is in your future. In Kansas, where would the closet any type of beach be?

    Mulch is calling me, but hope to get some more visits in, and maybe one more post in my effort to catch up.
    What I hope my future holds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy you can read my Hospice Journey posts by clicking on the page above. Besides end stage Parkinson's he also had a stroke 2 years ago. No beaches close to me in Kansas!!!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!