Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Things that I miss....

Day Twenty-eight
Something that you miss
     Do you know what I miss? I miss the time that I used  to spend with my grandchildren. The times when I could just be a grandma. Before I became a full-time mom  to Darian and Harley. We used to just have fun when the kids came over. I always dropped all that I was doing and spent quality time with them while they were here. My goal was to be a better grandma to my grand kids than my grandma was to me. And we had some really fun times. We baked together! We created together! We played games and make-believe and swam. We played in the snow. We picked wild flowers. And we have those memories that can't be taken away. But then life got in the way. I became a mother to two of them. And Richard got sick and life changed. We still try to have fun once in awhile (see picture below of a spa day we had last summer with chocolate face masks) but mostly our days are spent in taking care of Papa and doing the things that need to be done. I miss being a full-time grandma!



Sign the linky please

June Photo a Day Challenge
red


Pots of red petunias on my patio








14 comments:

  1. It is great that you still find the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to work harder now to find any fun in it! Doesn't that sound awful?

      Delete
  2. Cute picture, chocolate face mask...that sounds fun. Sorry you're not able to have things that way now. But so glad you make time for the special days and have your memories. By the way, left an additional plug about your up coming challenge on Sandy's Space.
    What Do You Miss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is much harder and more time consuming to be a mom than to be the 'fun' granny Thanks for the plug

      Delete
  3. Although it might seem to you that you're not as fun of a grandma because its not just fun memories you're making, just remember that you are teaching them and molding them to understand how to care for your loved ones. Just a little encouragement for you! I am sure they love you...and I want to do one of those chocolate face masks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Eva. And thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  4. I think it's great that you can look at your situation and allow yourself to be honest.
    Each season has it's own ups and downs, huh?
    But, I admire your tenacity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each season of our life, yes, have their ups and down. Thanks for the visit

      Delete
  5. I am sure they are happy you are mom instead of grandma. They are in stable safe environment. You are still able to have a little fun with them. The spa day sounds fun. Life will not always be like what it is now, and they will appreciate that they helped you take care of Richard. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "They" are happy but I do worry about the other 7 who seem to have lost their grandma!

      Delete
  6. Awww, that's sweet. I think it's awesome that you have so many photographs to help you relive all the fun times you had :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taking over completely as mom certainly 86's the cool-factor of being grandma... but you know what... when they're a LITTLE older, they'll get it. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the two that I am being a mom to get it....I just think they and their other 7 cousins are being jipped out of a grandma.

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!