Wednesday, June 26, 2013

I am attracted by.....

Day Twenty-Six

What kind of person attracts you

     Way back when I was just a young girl, my answer to this question would have been "someone who is tall, dark, and handsome." But, thank goodness, I have grown up. And grown older. And grown wiser. I found out years ago that most of those 'drop dead gorgeous' guys are horrible. They know how good-looking they are. And they don't have an ouce of goodness in them.Now I know that there are really handsome men out there who are also GOOD men, but  it is true what they say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What I find handsome may not be the same as what you find handsome. And that is okay! My husband is not tall. In fact, I am a couple of inches taller than him. And he has very little hair. And what hair he has is snow white. He says that I caused most of that. It used to be ginger in color. I never knew him with ginger colored hair. And he does not have a six packs for abs. Just a round little tummy. Or that is what it used to be before he got sick. Now for some traits that I do find attactive:

  • honesty.....this is my number one important character trait. I cannot stand liars. 
  • kindness
  • sensitivity
  • sense of humor
  • intelligence ....not the college degree type, but the type with some common sense intelligence
  • hard working
     For the most part, I have been lucky to find all of this in my current husband. And he loves me. So that is a plus. Now you tell me..what kind of person attracts you.





June Photo a Day Challenge

empty

Time to fill up the coffee cup again



6 comments:

  1. Oh yea looks really don't matter after the initial meeting
    Also intelligence is very important :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many put so much emphasis on looks, don't you think?

      Delete
  2. trust is a big one. I have been let down big a couple of times, so trust, humour and common sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have added someone that can laugh at themselves... I can give you a LAUNDRY list of what I DONT like! ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the laughing at themselves. That is important

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!