Monday, June 17, 2013

Highs and Lows

Day Seventeen

Your highs and lows this past year


Highs
  • House mortgage completely paid off
  • Started drawing my social security
  • Richard is still with us
  • Both kids completed the school year on the honor roll
  • Got a new roof on the house
  • Was able to do my own taxes for the first time

Lows
  • Entered Richard into Hospice
  • put a new roof on the house (cost $8,000)
  • still no relationship with my only sister
  • still no relationship with my oldest son
  • stress of taking care of my beloved at home.

Now, with that being said, I feel very blessed. I have a house with a (new) roof over my head. We have enough food to eat. We have a fairly decent car to drive. The grand-kids are healthy and happy. I have no complaints. We have what we need. What are your highs and lows?


Don't forget to sign the linky


Photo a Day in June Challenge

Centered

Harley took this picture of some flowers that the Hospice nurse brought Richard.
I loved how it shows the center of the flower.
Not sure if that is what the prompt wanted
But that is what I wan!


16 comments:

  1. Highs can be lows and lows can be highs--so it is like a roller coaster. I think I had more highs than lows. But it's a matter of perspective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I like that! Highs CAN be Lows

      Delete
  2. wow I can't believe a roof cost that much! But hey it is a worthy and necessary investment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a middle of the road roof too. They can be as much as $35,000!!!!

      Delete
  3. We all have highs and lows, don't we Paula! I sometimes think its like a seesaw and the two sides give balance to our lives. Although we tend not to appreciate the low side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THat is true. Sometimes I just want to forget the low side

      Delete
  4. I'm right there with you...I don't speak with my sister. 7 years now. I wish we could have a relationship... like several of my friends have with their "seesters" where they are just best friends and can't wait to do everything together... tell secrets.. be there for one another. I'll never have that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sad! I try to tell myself, that it is her loss. But I am the loser too!

      Delete
  5. I don't talk to my brother. We haven't spoken in 3 years. I have reached out to him and he doesn't respond. I figured I have done all I can do. Hopefully that low will eventually turn into a high. I didn't speak to my dad for 8 years and we finally reconciled. Hopefully your son will come around too (hopefully clean and sober) especially for his children's sake. Having huge home improvement repairs suck! I am sorry about the stress you are going through. You are always in my prayers and often in my thoughts. Your high's are awesome!! Living in a house that is completely paid for I am sure is really rewarding. Kids on the honor roll is awesome!! Doing your own taxes I am sure is liberating. Very proud of you!! You are a great friend, Paula. You are definitely one of my high's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make me smile every single day Cristy! I thank God for you

      Delete
  6. Wow--paying off a mortgage is a big damn deal! Sorry I've been under the radar, life has just gotten in the way lately--you know the drill, I'm sure :) Big hugs to you and yours, Paula :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep it was a big deal at our house.....25 years!! Good to hear from you

      Delete
  7. Sisters.
    I have one full sister and I half sister whom I only found 4 years ago. It didn't work. I tried but it didn't. Still I have my full sister and she drives me insane.
    Great work on paying off the mortgage, we did that once, then bought an investment property.
    I am glad you still have your Richard xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes things with sisters just don't work, do they?

      Delete
  8. Had to smile, I see we share some of the highs. Sorry for your low's, hope some of those improve for you.
    Up's and Downs

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!