Sunday, June 9, 2013

First Love

English: A White Clover (Trifolium repens). Fr...
. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Day Ten
Discuss your first love/first kiss

When I was five years old and going to kindergarten a little boy, whose name was David, would come by our house and walk with me to school. I don't remember his last name. And I have no idea what happened to him. But he would show up each morning with a handful of white clover flowers for me and we would walk to school together. Sometimes he held my hand. And I can remember my mom calling him my 'boyfriend' which always embarrassed me! He lived close by us and sometimes would come over to play after school. One day we were playing in the old coal bin that was in our yard (all of these apartments had them) and he kissed me on the cheek. From that day on I would not walk to school with him and I never accepted another of his silly little flower bouquets.  Ewww....that is what I remember thinking!


Remember to sign the linky











June Photo a Day Challenge

"You"

Darian and me
(dang I look old and tired)

20 comments:

  1. You broke his heart... Poor thing....I like the pic. Darian looks like the cat that ate the canary. Very very satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was on my birthday and he was teasing his sister....you know, like "ha! ha! granny loves me best"

      Delete
  2. Awww that is the funniest and saddest story ever lol
    I can't believe he brought you flowers everyday, awwwwwwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. What a cute story. He probably spent years in therapy because of this traumatic situation...haha!! I love the picture of you and Darian. I think you look beautiful and happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cristy! If he is in therapy I hope he is telling the therapist that HE rushed things :)

      Delete
  4. Your story reminded me of my "first" boyfriend in Kindergarten. For Valentines Day, he gave me a package of Twinkies, which would have been nice, except he apparently couldn't help taking a bite out of one of them before he gave them to me. I still think of him whenever I see a Twinkie -- which come to think of it, I never will again, will I? Sigh.

    I love your picture too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Twinkies....they are going to make a comeback!

      Delete
  5. Oh my! What a cute little boy, bringing you flowers. I wonder if he carried the rejection around for long?

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first kiss was when I was 17!! It was messy. I didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your first love story! Daily flowers? How funny of him. And I love the picture of you and Darian! I think you look pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Paula, this is such a cute, bittersweet story. lol. I think you were a smart young women much before your time; frisky little fella encroaching on territory before he owned the deed. ;)

    I love the photo of you and your grandson. Who gives a flip what we look like at our age as long as we are standing next to the one we love. Precious! (Happy Birthday, too)!

    Missed a few posts, but will catch up soon. Trying to get the necessary yard work done before the winds of Hades hits. It was brutally hot and humid today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you. You are right about not giving a hoot about how I look anymore. As long as I am clean and smell good, huh!

      Delete
  9. Ohhhhhh what a cute story. Bet he was crushed! Flowers even...wonder if he always stayed so sweet and thoughtful with his women? I wrote about when I really thought I was in love...much older and not wiser, lol. Much older snicker
    Still trying to catch up, didn't make it back yesterday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even remember his last name, or I would Facebook him for a laugh

      Delete
  10. AWWWWWWWw.... you broke his wittle pea pickin' heart!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!