Thursday, June 13, 2013

Can I Really remember that long ago


Day Fourteen

My Earliest Memory 

Sorry about not getting the linky up for Day Thirteen until so late. Thought I had already published it and then came on late today and saw that I had not even made a post......geesh. So do two at a time!
And since I can't think of ANOTHER earliest memory (ha! ha!) here is one that

I have posted this before here

What is my best childhood memory? 
I think I  have to say that it was the day
my baby brother was born.
My mom was at the hospital and my dad took the rest of us kids
in the old Ford Model A and parked us in the parking lot while 
he went up to see mom.

She came to the window and looked down and waved at us as we waited in the car. At least that is how the story goes. I was only a bit over 2 years old so I am not really sure how much of that memory comes from my brains.

And here we were six weeks later!
That little girl on the right with her mouth open is me!



Don't forget to sign the linky




texture

This is Willow
I love the texture of this shirt that she had on
And the bright yellow color
And of course I love Willow!


12 comments:

  1. What a lovely memory :) and I love the picture of six weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a very old picture, as you can see :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! How I wish I could say I rode in an old car like that. I love everything vintage.

    Sorry I couldn't join you in the blog challenge. Been so busy lately with the start of the school year here. Haven't really been blogging much. Maybe I can do some of the Photo a Day prompts though.

    www.teachlovewrite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wasn't an old, vintage car when I rode in it! LOL

      Delete
  3. I love the family picture and that car. The texture on that shirt is awesome. What a great shot of a pretty girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That car looks cool.. I love Willow's blouse.. Great picture. I've been neglecting you lately..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never feel neglected by you! You are busy and I am enjoying your blog posts

      Delete
  5. What an awesome memory. Isn't it crazy to think how AWESOME the cars back then would be NOW if we still had them!?!?!? I DROOLED over my grandmother's Corvere (sp?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it would be awesome. And think how much they would be worth now!

      Delete
  6. Awesome old picture. People nowdays don't know kids weren't allowed in the hospital with all their germs. I can remember waving to people from the parking lot too while they looked from the window.
    My First Memory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! They should go back to not allowing kids in the hospitals. I think that was a good thing about then!

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!