Day 29, Wednesday: Five songs or pieces of music that speak to you or bring back memories. Use Grooveshark or YouTube to include them in the post
- One of my favorite songs of all time Is Elvis Presley singing My Way. I have often said that this song tells exactly how I have lived my life. I want it played at my memorial service after I die.
- My husband Richard's favorite song is My Heart will Go On sang by Celine Dion. It was the theme song from the Titanic. He has never seen the Titanic. I have only recently watched it myself. This song has been his ringtone on my cell phone forever. Now it never rings. He never calls anymore. But we will play this song for him at his memorial service when the day comes. Just listening to it now makes me sob. But when he is gone, my heart will go on!
- Another of my favorites, and another to be played at his services, will be Kenny Rogers singing Through the Years. This song has always been 'our' song. We, without a doubt, learned what love is about by loving each other through the years!
- A song that always takes me back to my very early childhood days is Que Sera, Sera sang by Doris Day. I can hear my mom singing this right this very moment. And as I got older, I used to sing it along with her. The last time I heard her sing this song was one warm afternoon when I took my little grand daughter Paige to the nursing home to visit her. The movie, The Man Who Knew Too Much, was on the TV and when Doris was putting her son into bed and singing this to him. My mom sang this song to Paige that day. It is a happy memory. This song went on to win the 1956 Oscar for best song.
- This song was not around in October of 1974 when my very own angel baby came so quickly to earth and left at the very same time. But when I hear Kenny Chesney sing Who You'd Be Today I cannot help but think of my beautiful baby daughter, Elaine, who was stillborn as a full term baby. I wonder who she would be today. What kind of woman would she be. What would she have named her babies.
That is enough tear jerkers for one day. I hope that you enjoy listening to all of them. Tell me what song do you love that speaks to you. I am a very music person and there are lots of songs that speak to me. Or bring back memories. Please share yours.