Sunday, April 14, 2013

Self Talk

Do you talk to yourself? Is what you have to say worth hearing? Is it kind? Do you put yourself down?
I need to work on my self talk. And I need to help my grand daughters with their self talk. I hear them say things like "I am so fat", or "will you look at these thighs", or "I hate the way my hair is". Why is it that girls and women are so hard on themselves. Although, my grandson also has bouts of not so positive self talk.

Sometimes we don't even realize that we are doing this 'self-talk.' It is unconscious. I think I have been talking negative to myself for so long that I don't  hear it as negative any longer. It just is what it is.

How about you? Do you have good things to say about yourself?


12 comments:

  1. I sometimes catch myself with negativity and wonder if I would talk to a friend the way I'm talking to myself. Usually not. So that's what snaps me out of that self-talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Betty thinks very highly of herself! I am thankful for who God made me to be! I appreciate my appearance and everything about myself! I didn't always feel good about life nor my innerself when I was growing up however as God has shown me His love for me I have come to love myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have very much made it a priority to not let my daughter talk negative about herself. I am slowly breaking my husband of talking negative about himself. I am working on me, I have gotten a lot better. I definitely don't do it in front of my daughter. Thanks for the little reminder though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I feel Cristy. It is so hard not to talk negative to yourself, but when you hear your kids doing it you see what kind of impact you have on them.

      Delete
  4. I really need to make that my mantra!! NO NEGATIVE thoughts! NONE!!
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be all of our personal mantra!

      Delete
  5. Do DO talk negative talk ...but I also am doing something about it too.... :)

    GYM RAT... I am turning into one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup I do a hell of self talking. I talk my problens worries plans and everything. And at times negatives too.... but not much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to try to avoid the negatives, don't we?

      Delete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!