Wednesday, April 17, 2013

O is for Old San Juan


Old San Juan

Part of our visit to San Juan,Puerto Rico was a visit to Old San Juan. The weather in San Juan is beautiful, sunny, hot. Just like I like the weather to be. Wouldn't it be great to live there? 

Old San Juan is the oldest city of any U.S. state or jurisdiction  That is kind of mind boggling to take in, isn't it? Old San Juan is filled with shops, restaurants  museums and old historic homes.
A visit to Old San Juan would not be complete without a visit to one of the many forts. It was amazing to see the old architecture. We visited Castillo de San Cristobol. The fort was built by Spain to protect the city against any land attacks.


Looking down an Old San Juan street towards th...
Looking down an Old San Juan street towards the bay (Photo credit: Wikipedia)


The Port of San Juan is the busiest port in th...
The Port of San Juan is the busiest port in the Caribbean and one of the busiest in the world. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
We boarded our ship, The Royal Princess, at the Port
of San Juan, said to be the busiest port of the Caribbean
and sailed to Acapulco Mexico.

I would like to someday go back to San Juan.

Castillo de San Cristobol *wikipedia

Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go back. I'd love to retire there. My favorite thing we did in San Juan was a food and culture tour. Another couple and us met a guide in the early evening, and we walked all over Old San Juan learning all about the city, and PR in general. We stopped about every hour and had a different course at a different restaurant. Four courses in all, and it was a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an awesome evening. I would like to go back sometime and take a tour like that.

      Delete
  2. I would love to visit Puerto Rico. I love your picture of Old San Juan Street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. San Juan is a pretty neat place. Hope next time I go, I can stay longer

      Delete
  3. I love forts and architecture. I would love to visit San Juan.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!