Thursday, April 11, 2013

I received a very UNexpected Award

*If you are here for A to Z Blogging, keep 
scrolling for my J is for Japan Post*

I feel so very honored to have received this award today from a new friend in the land of blogging.  If you haven't met Monique at Freckles and a Pink Tiara, you have to go pay her a visit  I met Monique through the A to Z Blogging Challenge and I hope it is the beginning of a long friendship. Thank you so much Monique!
The rules to accepting this honor are:
  • Post the award on your site
  • Announce your win in a post with a link back the site of the person who nominated you
  • Post 7 interesting things about yourself
  • Nominate 15 fellow bloggers that you think are deserving of this award
  • Leave a comment on all 15 sites to let them know you've nominated them
So here goes…
  1. I am tall. 5'10" Oh lucky me. Right? I haven't felt that it is really that lucky. Just what it is.
  2. I love to read. I will read most anything, but I mostly like suspense thrillers.
  3. I love 'The Good Wife'. I have watched every single episode. I wish that I had gone into law instead of nursing.
  4. I am crazy in love with the BEACH. My best friend knows that I want to be cremated and my ashes are to be scattered in the Caribbean. She has promised to do that for me if she outlives me.
  5. My best friend is my durable medical power of attorney. We have talked a lot about death and what we each want. I don't think my family could make these decisions for me that way that she will be able to.
  6. I have a green thumb. I can grow most anything. I have a ficus tree in my living room that has been growing for 25 years. I have orchids and an African violet that belonged to my mom. And she has been gone almost 7 years now.
  7. I love to sing. Especially in the car while I am driving. And I am not that good but I don't care. I still sing!
Now for my 15 fellow bloggers that I think deserve this award


Enhanced by Zemanta

14 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for saying I inspire you Paula and for the award :-) I love learning more about you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same here Kathe...I am liking getting to know you!

      Delete
  2. You absolutely lifted my spirits with this award-thank you SO much! I've really enjoyed getting to know you and love hearing your stories. You know, I often think I would have enjoyed going into law myself. Unfortunately, the Bar exam just seemed so intimidating back during my college days. :-( Also, we lost my Mama 2 years ago {she also had a love for the beach} and scattered her ashes here on the Gulf of Mexico. It was a very intimate, very special time, with just her family and a few close friends. I like to think she would have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome. I have enjoyed you also. I bet your mom was there with you in spirit. Losing a mom is really hard, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. You are more than welcome! You've made my day more than a couple of times since the challenge started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely surprise waiting for me after a long day at work! Thank you so much, Paula! I plan to reciprocate the nomination, but I don't expect you to do it again - it's just that you truly are an inspiring blogger. Over the past month or so that I've known you, I've admired your strength and the love you give your husband and your family, and I've enjoyed hearing about some of your wonderful travel memories. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kimberly. It is with my blogging friends that I keep my strength! And thank you for the Award!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the great award, Paula. It was so nice of you to include me in your list :) I feel we really have a connection, and I love reading about your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Lisa. I have ALWAYS felt the connection too. I remember how happy I was when I 'found' you again. One day I know that we will meet in person

      Delete
  6. Thank you Paula for the nomination! I'm honored that you would consider my blog inspiring :)

    I thought I had a green thumb before, but now I realize it was my apartment that had a green thumb. I can't seem to grow anything successfully in my mom's house. As for singing in the car, love it! I'm sure my daughter hates it though haha! As long as you're having fun, it doesn't matter if you're a great singer or not :)

    I most likely will get around to posting this soon! Possibly over the weekend because I think it's awesome. And I would totally nominate you because you are extremely inspiring! You are definitely a super hero.

    -Cole
    Young Mommy Memoirs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the award. YOU are truly inspiring. I am so happy to have met such a great group of people. You are a wonderful role model and a great example of what marriage vows are all about. I look forward to many years of getting to know you more.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!