Friday, November 9, 2012

Saturday Nine


Saturday Nine: Good Morning Heartache

1. Do you come up with your brightest ideas early in the morning or late at night?
     I am not a morning person so I would have to say late at night.

2.Are you more likely to feel romantic at night or in the morning?
      I am most likely to feel romantic.....NEVER! I am an old woman and I don't feel romantic any longer. Maybe in my dreams!

3.Do you shower in the morning, after work, or before bed?
      I shower when I shower. Depends! Sometimes mornings, sometimes nights. Sometimes both....

4.Billy Holiday was just 44 when she died. Is there an artist whose early demise surprised and saddened you.
    Ah that would have to be Elvis! I wasn't really surprised but I was very saddened
  Elvis was then, and always will be, my favorite artist. To me, as a young girl, he was the dreamiest man of all time. And every song he sang, he sang to ME. I was a young mother vacationing in California when we heard that Elvis had died. It was like losing the President of the United States. Everything stopped and we were glued to the TV and watched every moment of coverage. How very sad it was. But, today when I watch an Elvis movie on TV, I invariably say...."that man could sing, but he sure as heck could not ACT"
Early Elvis

5. Billy was known as "Lady Day". Do you have a cool nickname?
    I don't know if I would say that it is a cool nickname. When I was born my mother gave me the name of Paula Kaye. My just older brother could never say Paula Kaye. So, he called me Pokay and this became Pokey and that is what some of them (those that are brave enough, that is) still call me.

6. When was the last time you had the blues?
     Oh I have the blues everyday at some point or another.

7.Crazy Sam is eating Trader Joe's Snicker-doodles
 as she composes this. What is the last snack food you ate?
    I ate potato chips with sour cream last night just before I went to sleep. This is my favorite comfort food of all time. And these days I need a lot of comforting.

8. Do you worry about preserving endangered species? Or do you believe in survival of the fittest?
   I don't think I believe in ANYTHING like this. And I don't worry about endangered species either. I have way too much in my own house to worry about. Sorry!

9.Would you ever hire a lawyer who runs commercials on TV?  Do you know anyone who has?
   I doubt that I would hire a lawyer from TV. We have our own lawyer and I can't imagine him doing a TV commercial. However, I once sat on a jury that the defendant was represented by one of those TV lawyers who advertises in our area. And he was every bit as sleazy in person as he was on TV. And he LOST too.

If you want to play along, go here

11 comments:

  1. Oh, Elvis. Such a tragedy. He continues to bring joy to all of us but seemed to have found so little himself. This is funny to me now, though -- when he died, I was in high school and I thought 42 was so old. Now that 42 is in my rearview mirror, I realize he died young.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jury story is interesting. I never really thought they actually got clients from those annoying commercials. I love potato chips too. Salty is my downfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And salty and sweet together are to die for. My new favorite snack is sliced apples, heavily salted, drizzled with carmel sauce.

      Delete
  3. OMG... I love your answer to #2 BWAHAHAHAH.... I love your honesty!!!!

    And... I have to agree on being an Elvis fan... however..I was only 5 when he died so it didn't effect me... but it didn't make me any less of a fan, either. :) I adore him still and my first radio channel in my car IS the Elvis station!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, no one will ever take his place as "King" as far as I am concerned

      Delete
  4. Why am I not surprised by that lawyer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elvis was the first celebrity I was aware of that died. I remember how it was all over the news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My snack foods are almost always sweets, but anything with sour cream is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!