Thursday, November 1, 2012

November's Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...


     Today is a beautiful fall day. The sun is shining and the sky is the prettiest blue. I don't see a single cloud from my window. It is 61F. It could stay like this all the way to April as far as I am concerned.

I am thinking...


     I have been thinking about Thanksgiving. I will once again host my side of the family for the dinner.

I am thankful...


     That I live in Kansas....not suffering with all the after effects of Hurricane Sandy. It is awful to see the destroyed houses either from the winds, the water, or the fires. When I complain about how bad my life is, I just need to remember these images that I have been seeing on TV.

In the kitchen...


     Yesterday our local Sonic sold corn dogs for .50 so we are having corn dogs and french fries tonight
for supper.

I am wearing.....

     I haven't even dressed for the day yet so I am wearing my jammies.

I am creating...

     Nothing going on at this house in a creative way yet this month. But I will be thinking about it.


I am going...

     I am going to have to go to the bank later today to pick up my new debit card. My checking account has been hacked into. Entire balance was drained  Even had an overdraft charge applied. This has been a nightmare to deal with. I cannot believe their are people out there that will do this to other people. Beware of Zappos!

I am wondering...

     I am wondering how long we will be blessed with this wonderful weather.

I am reading...

     I just finished a book on my Nook Color last night. I have not yet chosen a new one to read. I have lots and lots of books stored on my Nook. So, I will take a look later today.

I am hoping...

     I am hoping Bank of America gets my account fixed up today. I am tired of talking to people in call centers who have such sugary, sweet voices.

I am looking forward to...

     I am looking forward to seeing my young son this weekend. He has surgery last week on this toe and hasn't been over. So we have missed him. 

I am learning... 

     I am learning that people will do whatever they can to avoid having to spend their own money. Like shop on-line and use my debit card. Stinks! Hard lesson

Around the house...

     I need to get started cleaning and getting ready for the family to come. I like fall cleaning much better than spring cleaning.

I am pondering...

     I am pondering how many will be here for the dinner this year. The family has spread out and about all that is left is the core family. And my sister is still being a big BUTT so I am sure we will not see her.

A favorite quote for today...



One of my favorite things...

     One of my favorite things is sliced, crisp apples (my new favorite is galas) dipped in caramel. Yum!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

     Today I need to go to the bank and then maybe the grocery store. Tomorrow, Harley is going with a church group for an over nighter and Darian is going to a Barn dance. Justin will be here with Paige for the weekend. A meeting with the youth pastor on Sunday morning.....and then back to the grind.

A peek into my day...



My handsome grandson dressed as a Cowboy when he headed out to help at the 
Church's Fall Festival last night.
Isn't he handsome?

If you interested in posts like this one....go here.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!