Thursday, October 4, 2012

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY: October 4, 2012

Outside my window... Outside my window it is dark but bright because all the stars are twinkling and the moon is shining. And it will get cold tonight. Today's high was 63* and that took place at 2:30 a.m. Then went down to low 50's. Too soon, I think, to be getting this cold.

I am thinking...I am thinking that I really need to concentrate on getting the ficus tree, the corn plant, and the two hanging philodendrons into the house before it is too cold for them. I brought in the orchids today.

I am thankful...I am thankful for each day the Good Lord continues to let our Papa stay with us. He is weak but doing so much better. Even with a cold, he is doing okay.

In the kitchen...Today I was going to make the famous green bean soup for supper. But plans got changed when the location of the final soccer game changed. So it will be green bean soup for supper on Friday.

I am wearing...I am wearing a Kermit tee shirt and jean Capri pants. No shoes.

I am creating...With the help of the grand kiddos today, we got out the fall and Halloween decorations, so I will be creating a few spots in the house to celebrate the season.

I am going...to the bank tomorrow to withdraw a tad and go buy Darian some new Boy Scout pants that fit. I am tired of seeing him in the ones that he wears. And I have had no luck finding used ones.

I am wondering...I am wondering what happens to used Boy Scout pants. They surely don't wear them out. They don't wear them enough to wear them out. Now that is a few 'wear words' in one sentence, isn't it?

I am reading...I am reading Final Vector by  Allan Leverone. It was a Friday Freebie on my Nook Color. So far I am finding it interesting. It is a mystery about terrorists.

I am hoping...I am hoping for another good day for Papa. Today, he didn't feel as good as yesterday. But we take each day as it comes now. 

I am looking forward to...I am looking forward to spring. Is that terrible to say that? I do not like cold weather and I know that I am wishing my life away. And every year at this time, I start to dream of spring.

I am learning....I am learning that it would be good for me to become more patient. Heck, I am not just now learning that. I have known that all along. I just need to work on making it happen. Sometimes I just need to laugh at the way things are. 

Around the house...oh there is always Around the House. It seems I have lots of plans, and no get up and go. I will be decorating for fall though.

I am pondering...I am pondering the Presidential Debates from last night. Our President seems so out of it. He is out of touch. I don't think he really believes that things in our country are not any better than when he took office. It is time for some new leadership.

A favorite quote for today..."Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Tolstoy

One of my favorite things...One of my favorite things is homemade chili. The way my mom used to make it. With saltines and butter. And a tall glass of cold milk. And that is about the only thing I can say that I like about cold weather...........chili, stews, soups!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Friday Justin and Paige will be here and we will have green bean soup. Saturday Paige and Darian both will be at the Buhler Frolic then Paige will come back to spend the night with us. Sunday, Darian ushers at church. Then we start another week. 


A peek into my day...This picture was taken last year of the little motley crew. Don't know that they will be dressing up this year.....we will see.



2 comments:

  1. I was thinking today I should do one of these simple woman's day book posts I have not done one for months and they are always a relaxing post to write. Paula are you on the Mega Family site list? Do you have all those Kids and take care of them? You could get your blog listed on there and read others posts also. The link is on the side of my page and all you do is email her your blog addy and tell her how many kids and then add the button to her site and yours will show in the feeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula!

    Thanks for visiting me - it is always fun to meet new people!

    I sure enjoyed your daybook! Fall has certainly set in here in Idaho - very cold this morning, only about 27 degrees!

    Have a wonderful week-end!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!