Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday Nine

The End of Innocence





1) "The End of the Innocence" is one of Crazy Sam's favorite songs. Do you like it? Loathe it? Or is it before your time 


I don't think it is before my time, but I did have to Google it to see if I had ever heard of it and I haven't. So I guess I can't really say if I like it or not.


2) Obviously Don Henley was a smoker back in the 1980s. Do you smoke? Are you a former smoker? Or did you never start? 


I did smoke. For more than 30 years. I quit in 1999 because we were going to take a 32 day vacation with other couples and I was the only smoker in the crowd. So, rather than going outside to smoke by myself all the time, I quit. And it was HARD. The hardest thing I have ever done, in fact. And I loved to smoke. And I would LOVE to smoke again. You know what keeps me from going back? The smell! Why didn't anyone ever tell me how bad I smelled?




3) Childhood is generally considered an innocent time. In what town did you spend yours? 


I grew up in Pratt, Kansas. It was a small town where we could walk wherever we wanted to go. I used to think that the trip to school was at least a mile away, but it was only 4 blocks!

4) Do you abide by "innocent until proven guilty?" Or did you come to your own, pre-trial conclusions about famous defendants like Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson? 


I do believe in innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately in this day of 24/7 media that we live in, it is nearly impossible to not form an opinion before the end of the trial. And by the way, I was one of those who REALLY felt OJ was innocent.



5) Is there an old TV show whose cast you'd like to see reunite?
 


Oh my gosh, there are so many. I would love to see Friends, now all married with kids! And Knots Landing all in a nursing home. Ha Ha that would be funny.

6) Do you know how to ride a horse? 


I have ridden a horse, but If I really know how to ride a horse...................NO

7) You're ordering ice cream. Cup or cone? 


If I can have a sugar cone! Otherwise; a cup cause I hate those wafer cones.

8) Do you believe a gentleman should help a lady with her coat? 


I love it when a gentleman helps me with my coat.....or opens my door....or pulls out my chair

9) Which search engine do you use most often? Google



If you want to participate in Saturday Nine.........................go here

5 comments:

  1. My grandmother always believed OJ was innocent, too. She used to tell me he had "too much too lose to do something that dumb."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it that Jennifer Anniston appears on all of the friend shows. I hope to see her on Go On. Friends would be good for a reunion show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went out to eat last night and the guy who sat in the booth behind me reeked of stall smoke. He ruined my dinner, if I could have moved to another seat I would have, but the restaurant was full.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knot's Landing in a nursing home...hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to find gentlemen these days! Everyone's rushing and whatever. I like it when a gentleman helps me with my coat or carry my stuff when I'm obviously struggling.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!