Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Nine




1) Do you ever fantasize about flying, beyond the rainbow or anywhere else?

No, I never dream about flying. I HATE flying. When we flew to Australia, in 2000, I was so afraid of that 18 hour flight that my doctor prescribed Ativan for the trip. Now there is a wonderful way to fly...all drugged up on Ativan. I don't leave home without it. :)

2) Do you think you have seen The Wizard of Oz more than 10 times?

I know this is going to surprise a lot of people, but I have never seen The Wizard of Oz all the way from start to finish...and I live in Kansas. What is up with that?
3) Which Wizard of Oz character would you most like to dress as for Halloween?

I would have to say the Witch...there are people who would say I didn't need a costume. Hehehehe!

4) What will Trick or Treaters get when they come to your front door?

We don't have very many trick or treaters in our neighborhood. I make goody bags for the grand kids that will come to visit. This year I have 'giant' gala apples to put in them.

5) Did you ever TP a neighbor's house or indulge in other acts of Halloween vandalism as a kid? (Don't worry, that statute of limitations is up.)

Heck no! My mom would have kicked our asses if we had done anything like that. There is a possibility that my brothers did. But not me, I was afraid of my mom.

6) Who annoys you more -- people who never respond to your texts/emails, or those who never look up because they're always checking their texts/emails?

People who are on their phones texting when I am trying to talk to them. Just plain ass RUDE. But then again, people who don't respond to emails...and YOU know who you are. 

7) Who was the last person you hugged?

My grand daughter just this morning.

8) What two colors do you like to wear together?

I am not that into matching up my colors or having favorite colors for me to wear, but the granddaughter wore purple jeans with a bright yellow shirt the other day and she ROCKED it! Was so cute
9) Did your alarm clock wake you up this fine Saturday morning?


Not on a Saturday..............only day I get to sleep late. And we slept until 10:30


Now if you want to play along just go here

10 comments:

  1. Love the Kansas thing. I'm wondering how many people use the "we're not in Kansas any more" line.


    Have a great rest of your Saturday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2012/10/ive-watched-it-to-the-dark-side-of-the-moon/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can bet that we hear that line A Lot!

      Delete
  2. When I was working, we had a job in South Korea and my boss wanted me to go there for a week. Like you I dreaded the 18 hr flight, so I went to my doctor and he gave me a letter saying it was too stressful for me to fly that long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that is one way to avoid flying! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the Kansas line too. I think they'd have to drug me to get me on another plane. I just get so nervous.

    Have a great weekend!
    http://heartsmakefamilies.com/2012/10/somewhere-over-the-rainbow/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting....yep, that is why I get drugged for flying.

      Delete
  4. What beautiful grandkids you have. When we drove I-70 across Kansas last month, I noticed there was a town that had a OZ museum or something. Can't remember the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. They ARE beautiful, aren't they? Probably Liberal, Kansas.

      Delete
  5. Ativan--now that's the way to fly! Yep, I took a permanent DON job at a 120 bed SNF in Albuquerque. I used to live in Santa Fe (about an hour from there) and I loved New Mexico, so I'm excited to go back. Got a great salary and bonus package so Wheeee! I'm there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, Ativan is the only way to Fly!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!