Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

September 23, 20012

Outside my window...


Outside my window another night has fallen. It is dark and  cool and we are now into Autumn. Not one of my favorite times of the year as it means that winter is coming. And I do not like winter. It is currently 61F. This morning it was cool enough in the house that it made me WANT to turn on the heat, but I resisted.


I am thinking...  


I am thinking how tired I am tonight. Very little sleep last night as Richard was quite restless. I imagine he was over tired. Just like little ones who have too much excitement and can't rest at night.

I am thankful...

I am thankful, once again, for family. My cousin Calvin and his Daughter Tami came for a quick visit from Lawrence. It perked me up. I often wish he lived just down the street from me so we could see each other more often. But then I am reminded that too much of a good thing is always just too much.


In the kitchen...


In the kitchen, I was too tired to cook today, so I took some money set aside for other things and sprung for McDonald's. Kids were happy as they miss eating there on a regular basis. I am going to try a corn beef this week. I have never cooked one before.

I am wearing...


I am wearing tee shirt and short. Crocs and brightly colored socks. Yep, probably not real fashionable. But I am comfortable.

I am creating...


I am NOT creating! So there!

I am going...


I am going to try to get some more deep cleaning done this week. No promises. Every day of my life is now based of what is going on with Richard. Right now he is doing pretty good. But I never know what tomorrow will bring. One day at a time.


I am wondering...


I am wondering, as usual, what will tomorrow bring? I ask myself this often now. 


I am reading...


I am reading the same book on my Nook Color that I was reading last week. But I near the end and then I will find another to read.


I am hoping...


I am hoping the weather will stay this nice. It is okay to be cool. Let us just not reach that 'cold' stage too soon.


I am looking forward to...


I am looking forward to just looking forward! What more can I say?





Around the house...


Around the house I need to get the outdoor plants ready to move inside. That means washing them, debugging them and hauling them in.


I am pondering...


I am pondering painting the dresser in our bedroom. I think I will paint them both white and make them look like a set. I love the one that my cousin Calvin brought me. I just need to get busy working on it.

A favorite quote for today...



"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
Albert Camus

One of my favorite things...


One of my favorite things is the colors of autumn. I do love the oranges, rusts, browns, tans and deep, deep purple.



A few plans for the rest of the week:


Monday is going to be return to school and Boy Scouts, Tuesday just a nice quiet day, Wednesday I will drive the kids early to their respective schools for See you at the Pole and then in the evening they will meet downtown for See you after The Pole; Thursday Justin and Paige will be here and Paige has Soccer; and Friday is a day out of school.




A peek into my day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!