Friday, March 2, 2012

Photo A Day Challenge-Day 2

Today's prompt was fruit.....
These are mandarin oranges.
I have never bought Mandarin oranges in this form before.
Usually buy them in a can.
And we love them that way.
Well, not all of us.
My husband hates oranges of any kind.
They remind him of his childhood.
He was raised in the 1930's-1940's.
His mother felt children needed to be 'regular' if you know what I mean.
So, he said, every Saturday, just before their weekly bath, his mom
would give out a giant spoonful of Castor Oil and
then hand them each half an orange to suck on to get rid of
the nasty oily taste in their mouth.
Can you imagine?
He won't touch an orange in any way, shape, or form.
But the grand kids have certainly enjoyed these little
Mandarin Oranges.
And I love the color they bring to the table.

 Join us this month, with Fat Mum Slim ,for the March Photo Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!