Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Daybook Entry

Click on the Picture if you would like to join

FOR TODAY......January 4, 2012

Outside my window...
It is a very bright, sunny day. 57* which is just unheard of in Kansas in January! But I am happy that it is so nice. Because we came home from our New Year's weekend on Monday to a very cold house. The furnace was not working. Again. This is the third time since Thanksgiving. We are getting a new furnace installed right now. And it is warmer outside that it is inside the house today


I am thinking...
That I have the most wonderful son on this earth. I do not know what we would do without Justin. When we need something, he is there. Of course, there are times when I could hit him up beside the head. But when I need him he comes through. Thank you Justin for being an awesome son. I must have done something right.


I am thankful..
For so many things....Richard's current health. Justin. Warm January days. Darian and Harley. A budget that allows a bit to be left over after the bills are paid. A reduced mortgage payment.






In the kitchen...
Well tonight is the night the kids have Youth groups at church so Darian will not eat at home and Papa, Harley and I will eat leftover spaghetti. Yummy.




I am wearing...
Layers......no furnace. And it is cold in here. Jeans, tee shirt, long sleeve tee shirt and hoodie.



I am creating...
Oh the memories...right now that is what we are creating. Memories



I am going...
To put away the Christmas things tomorrow. And I am going to take my time and do it right. I always get in a hurry and cram it in boxes. I am going to throw things away. And pack up a box for Goodwill....yep, that is what I am going to do.



I am wondering...
Just how long can things continue like this? I stay home with Richard. He has improved but I think we are where we are going to be. Poor memory. Lots of answering the same things over and over. Not much adult conversations around here. I feel like a single mom...now I have three kids. Will I be able to continue to do this?



I am reading...
Too Close to Home by Lynette Eason
on my Nook Color.
Oh I love my Nook Color



I am hoping...
For a good 2012. Hasn't started out so good. But I am hoping it will get better.



I am looking forward to...
Getting my furnace on. I can't wait to use the new digital thermostat. And I can't wait to get warm again. I don't like winter. I don't like to be cold.




I am hearing...
Wolf Blitzer talk about the Iowa caucus. It looks like the Republicans do not have a really strong front runner. Hope they get someone to beat Obama. Don't want him for another 4 years. And I am Democrat.



Around the house...
Not much got done in the past few days. It is cold. Have I told you that? I want to put away the Christmas Decorations.



I am pondering...
What exactly does it mean when a little boy knocks on the door and wants to know if Harley can come out and play. What???? She is 11. They are in the back yard playing basketball right now. Hmmmmm.



One of my favorite things...
Is, has been, and always will be, my beautiful grandchildren. I love them and I thank God for them everyday.



A few plans for the rest of the week:
Thursday-put away the Christmas decorations.
Friday-do some cleaning and wash the sheets
Saturday-get Darian up the ladder to take down the Christmas lights
Sunday-church



Here is picture for thought I am sharing...






______________________________





1 comment:

  1. Great post. Hope you get your furnace fixed!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!