Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Simple Woman's Daybook

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today (November 15, 2011)


Outside my window..Sunny, windy and 48* I think there is a change in the air


I am thinking...about the change that my life has taken now that I am a full-time caregiver

I am thankful for... my family and how good everyone has been to us since Richard's stroke

From the kitchen... I am making baked chicken, mashed potatoes and some kind of veggie for supper tonight. Justin and Paige will be here

I am wearing... jeans and tee shirt

I am going...to be leaving soon to take Richard to the doctor for his first follow-up since the carotid procedure

I am reading...True Blue by David Baldacci

I am hoping... that Richard will let me sleep tonight. It seems when I am my most tired is when he is awake a lot

I am hearing... the TV....news, endless news

Around the house... doing a lot of cleaning getting ready for Thanksgiving

One of my favorite things... having my family here for Thanksgiving

Inspired by our wedding song... The Wedding Song."

He is now to be among you at the calling of your hearts
Rest assured this troubadour is acting on His part.
The union of your spirits, here, has caused Him to remain
For whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name
There is Love,
there is Love.

Well a man shall leave his mother and a woman leave her home
They shall travel on to where the two shall be as one.
As it was in the beginning is now and til the end
Woman draws her life from man and gives it back again.
And there is Love,
there is Love.

Well then what's to be the reason for becoming man and wife?
Is it love that brings you here or love that brings you life?
For if loving is the answer, then who's the giving for?
Do you believe in something that you've never seen before?
Oh there is Love,
there is Love.

Oh the marriage of your spirits here has caused Him to remain
For whenever two or more of you are gathered in His name
There is Love,
there is Love.


The minister who married us by the lake in Colorado, brought his guitar and played this song and sang to us
A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • clean the bathrooms
  • finish my laundry
  • borrow the rug shampooer
  • help the kids finish up with things out in the yard



Here is a picture I am sharing...one of my favorite of Paige...I love all the freckles

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!