Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Wednesday's Walk

It has been awhile since I have written a post for Wednesday's Walk. Please click on the picture above if you would like to join in and do a post of your own or if you would just like to read some of the wonderful memories others have.


This little guy in the boots and hat is my oldest son Danny who was close to two years old when this picture was taken. He was also about this same age, when this story that I am about to share with you happened.
We were shopping in Sears. Every time that I took him into Sears he would disappear and hide from me in those circular clothing racks and then I would have to go about whispering loudly "Danny.....Daniel...where are you?"
On this particular day he had disappeared and I was doing my usual looking for him. But much to my dismay I was not hearing him giggle. Nor was he charging out ,
trying to knock me off balance. My heart was starting to beat fast as all the images of a kidnapped kid started to form in my mind. I expanded my search a little ways from the women's department.
I continued to softly call..."Danny where are you?" It was then that I noticed the display in the plumbing department.
No! My heart fell......those were not my little ones legs swinging. Not with his little brown corduroy pants down around his ankles. It couldn't be. I quickly went to the aisle that came up beside that shining white toilet sitting on the end cap. I loudly whispered....."Danny you get off that and come here right now" And he loudly answered me back.....
"Mama, I pooped...just like you want me to....Mama, aren't you going to wipe me"
Mama, why are we going so fast? Mama I didn't wipe......"
We made a fast get away and over the years it has become a favorite story to tell. But not at that moment! Nothing about it was funny. I was so embarrassed. I am sure that my face was bright red.
However, it is his face that is red now whenever Mom repeats this story..... over and over and over.



3 comments:

  1. Love it, My nephew tried to do it at Sears one day for his mother. She about died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor poor lady! It certainly IS hysterically funny NOW - but I imagine it was absolutely horrifying at the time. ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never heard this story!!!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!