Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday Nine

Heatwave

Welcome to Saturday: 9 . What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Heatwave

1. It’s July. How has the weather been where you are?
  • We have had normal summer temps here (90 to 107) until this week and it has suddenly cooled off. Only 65F right now and will be in the 80's. What's up with that?

2. What is the best way for you to beat the heat?
  • I love the heat! But I cope by getting in the pool with a cold beer.

3. “It’s not the heat, it’s the humidity.” Do you buy that?
  • Yep I sure do. It can be 130F outside with no humidity and not be a bad day but throw in some humidity and you cannot take it..

4. Do you like hot tubs or saunas?
  • I sure do!

5. What’s the hottest you’ve ever been?
  • It gets pretty hot everyday in the nursing home cause the elders do not like A/C

6. How many times do you hit the beach in the summer?
  • there are no beaches in Kansas...but I hit the pool 3-4 times a week...it is in my backyard.

7. When you were a kid, what did you do in the summer?
  • played outside, went swimming, went to the movies (all of this was based on how many pop bottles I could find)

8. Surfing. Have you ever gotten on a surfboard? Body surf?
  • Nope never been surfing...not even interested.

9. What’s your favorite summer song?
  • Anything by the Beach Boys will do



5 comments:

  1. The beach boys is definitely the icon of summer song memories!!!!!!!!!!
    I guess we are neighbors...so getting the same weather right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday, I swear, I'm going to have a pool....

    Have a happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is it with old people and they are always cold? Beach Boys song mean summer! Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're in the pool with a beer does that mean you own your own pool? Can I come over? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting in the pool with a beer sounds good. I used to work at some nursing homes, I remember dying in the Summer.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!