Thursday, July 23, 2009

Booking Through Thursday

At one of my favorite blogs, Charlie and Me, I have found the Booking through Thursday meme and I have been meaning to do it. Today was a good day to start. Check it out and join in if you want.

Which do you prefer? (Quick answers–we’ll do more detail at some later date)


  • Reading something frivolous? Or something serious?
  • I am usually into reading frivolous things but something serious once in awhile is okay too.

  • Paperbacks? Or hardcovers?
  • Since I do most of my reading in bed before I go to sleep, it is easier to hold a paperback...but I love a good hardcover book too.

  • Fiction? Or Nonfiction?
  • I mostly prefer fiction, but I will read nonfiction if it is something that really interests me

  • Poetry? Or Prose?
  • Even though I love poetry, mostly what I read is prose.

  • Biographies? Or Autobiographies?
  • Either if I am in the mood for this type of book

  • History? Or Historical Fiction?
  • I am not a big fan of either, but I would chose historical fiction.

  • Series? Or Stand-alones?
  • I love a good series, but I love a good stand alone also

  • Classics? Or best-sellers?
  • The older I get the more I enjoy the classics but I am a real sucker for the best sellers.

  • Lurid, fruity prose? Or straight-forward, basic prose?
  • Straight forward

  • Plots? Or Stream-of-Consciousness?
  • Plots

  • Long books? Or Short?
  • I love long books the best....

  • Illustrated? Or Non-illustrated?
  • non+ illustrated...I would much rather use my imagination.

  • Borrowed? Or Owned?
  • Borrowed....owning these just takes up too much space. Although I own a lot of books....I never read one twice.

  • New? Or Used?
  • This does not matter to me. As long as it is in good shape.







3 comments:

  1. I absolutely enjoyed these! It always interests me how others interact with books.
    Your blog is fantastic! So much to offer. I've just barely glanced and have added you to my reader. High Fives Fellow Blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you decided to join 'Booking Through Thursday' I think it's so much fun! Have I told you I like your new blog look. Very nice indeed. I hope you have a beautiful and happy weekend :>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your answers :) My blog is named "Well-Mannered Frivolity" - can you guess what my answer to number 1 was? Here's my BTT response:

    Booking Through Thursday: Preferences

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear what you might think. Leave me a comment. I guarantee though that I will delete your comment if you are just here to cause trouble. So tread lightly!